LUMIA 1020 - Camera does not work after update

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I did a new installation today... again same problem. I only think LUMIA CYAN can solve my camera issue. I will wait for Italian ROM to be released. I am soo mad at Nokia. No support at all. I have product code 059T911

yohannyphm

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my Lumia 920 3 days ago had after fixing can't install issue with hard reset. My camera is not working ether APP opens all black. It worked phone with preview for developers las 2 updates. Just did a hard reset and soft reset no luck.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I placed a ticket to Daniel at NOKIA SUPPORT SWEDEN regarding that camera does not work with CYAN. I am guessing its a Windows Phone 8.1 issue and not CYAN. Same problem with camera happens with WP 8.1 preview as WP 8.1 official with CYAN.

yohannyphm: Does your Lumia 920 work CYAN? I mean camera?

Kryzzly

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I too am having the exact same issue. At first I thought it was a hardware fault in Developer Preview and Cyan. I used the recovery software to reset back to vanilla 8.0 and the camera worked again. It seems once it updates to the developer preview and then Cyan it stops working.

Kinda sucks :/ ....I recently got this phone in July and will need the camera for my job coming up in September. Nokia Care Live Chat doesn't open till Monday.

yohannyphm

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Mine fixed itself after a while running the dev preview. No need to do hard or soft reset. Now I'm a happy camper. BTW when I updated to last dev preview my L920 lost all sounds not even on bluetooth no luck after several hard and soft reset I reverted back several times and re upgraded no luck. After last update and one soft reboot it got fixed.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Alan Smith 130

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
First of all - DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY BETA software!
Here is what you need to do (worked fine for me):
You can update the software on your device using a program called Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

Nokia Software Recovery Tool is only available to download on Windows 7 and 8 computers. It can be downloaded 'here'.

If you do not have access to a computer running Windows 7 or higher select 'Over-The-Air' below.

Download and install the Nokia Software Recovery Tool onto your computer. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.
Once installed, open the program and connect your phone to your computer using a working USB cable.
Once your device has been recognised by Nokia Software Recovery Tool, information about your device will appear on screen.
If an update is available it will be displayed on the right side of the window.
Select 'install' to start the update process; this may take some time depending on your internet connection.

Good luck lumia0323!

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
THIS IS NOT A VALID SOLUTION. I AM RUNNING OFFICIAL WP 8.0 BLACK ON PHONE (NO PREVIEW) ONLY WP 8.0 BLACK. CAMERA WORKS GREAT. IF I SEARCH FOR UPDATES... Phone finds 8.1 / CYAN. Updating causes MAIN CAMERA TO DIE (when troubleshoting issue, its related to main camera). Downgrading to WP 8.0 BLACK GETS THE CAMERA WORKING... so your tip did not help me. I have tried to flash a other CYAN [ROM] also, same issue... so its not the scandinavian rom. If users having the same problem, theirs no solution for it =(

Alan Smith 130

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Recovery Software Tool is the one you have to use.
All instructions are on Nokia.com.
If you use Beta versions or installing any other unofficial software you may lose your warranty.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa