So I updated......

spizzlee

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Just finished updating my L920 and L925 without a single problem. The live folders are awesome! Had no idea that you could expand one and click a tile and it would take you straight to the app.

Hopefully this update improves the battery life of my L925 because after the dev preview it has gone to crap. :[

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
As soon as you drop a tile into another for the first time a line will be added that reads "Name folder" touch that and you can enter the name you want.

For existing folders just tap the folder and touch and hold the horizontal line at the top of the folder and you should be able to enter a name.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll find out soon but curious how Nokia app folders will be affected? Guessing they will continue to work as they do but that they'll become irrelevant and are being replaced by Live Folders?

spizzlee

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll find out soon but curious how Nokia app folders will be affected? Guessing they will continue to work as they do but that they'll become irrelevant and are being replaced by Live Folders?

Probably phased out. Honestly live folders work so much better.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Its still useful for adding apps that are not pinned to your start screen into one folder, which live folders cant do.

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Updated with no issues. Seems faster. Live folders is just awesome...my long long start screen is now all zipped up nice and tidy :):evil:

HalfBlackCanadian

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Live Lockscreen seems more stable, Cortana is fun (while limited in Canada) and the folders are awesome. Yet another excuse to entirely re-think my start screen from scratch.

Shahid_WP

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 720. Love Live Folders. It is very fast to open and easy to add. Like that Live Store tile too. The feature I like most is that multiple delete option in the SMS thread but before it was a headache to delete each message individually. The UI feels snappier than before. IE seems like has got its bugs fixed too.
Overall a very nice update but wish they had added some more accent colors.
Waiting for Lumia Cyan now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos