Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1, Lumia 1320, Stuck in spinning wheels

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
After downgrading to wp 8.0 and updating to wp 8.1 yesterday, today i downloaded update 1 with DP, post download the mobile restarted and stuck in spinning wheels for about 20 mins, tried reset and again it came to the same place...

Dont know what to do, now recovered to 8.0 again (fresh install), did anyone using Lumia 1320 faced this problem when installing update 1? anyone faced the similar issue???

:crying::crying:

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes i am facing it as well with my 1520

wow, that was fast, didnt expect a reply this soon :eek:rly: so im not all alone in this....

just now again downgraded to wp 8.0, and installing wp 8.1 with Cyan....

wanted to get my hands on update 1 and this is making me sick.... will try one more time and then will stick with Cyan alone....

Sivaraj E

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Even I faced the same with my Lumia 1320, But for a try I was just ran it entire night, but in the morning still the wheel spinning, if it is a real wheel then it could have gone for 30-40 kilometers from my place, don't know why Microsoft did like this, they should have tested everything before bringing it to the market, Last week I got 8,1 update for my mobile, so i rolled back to windows 8 from windows 8.1 developer preview, again now I have to install windows 8 and then 8.1,

Please if anybody got success with windows 8.1 update 1 on 1320 please let us know, we will also try our end, I don't want to check everyday and roll back to windows 8 and then 8.1,

Sivaraj E

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
And Microsoft should give a gap to breath, windows 8.1 itself not reached for every handset around the world, and they keep on releasing patches and next versions will not be good to understand what they trying to achieve, there is no doubt that you are doing a good job, but still we need time to become handy to your phone and tried of it and then releasing the next would give really enthusiastic.

krnsrndrn

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
After downgrading to wp 8.0 and updating to wp 8.1 yesterday, today i downloaded update 1 with DP, post download the mobile restarted and stuck in spinning wheels for about 20 mins, tried reset and again it came to the same place...

Dont know what to do, now recovered to 8.0 again (fresh install), did anyone using Lumia 1320 faced this problem when installing update 1? anyone faced the similar issue???

:crying::crying:

So me and a friend faced the same issue. Both of us left our phones at that screen for about 8 hours with no luck. My friend got fed up, restarted the phone, removed the SIM card to put it into another phone. And surprisingly, it updated the phone in about 25 minutes and it was done.

So I restarted my phone too. Left the SIM card in and saw no improvement, was stuck again at the same screen. After about 20 minutes, I removed my SIM card as well and immediately, the update bar started moving and the entire update got over in about 25 minutes.

So go ahead and try it!

Sivaraj E

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
No i tired but it doesn't work, I removed the SIM from the phone and it doesn't seemed to be updating, Microsoft is really a --------, Useless really they are..

Sivaraj E

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I never seen such an useless developer, wasting all our time on this, this is third time I'm rolling back to windows 8 and then 8.1,

DrSARANG MALI

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Go to either Nokia priority centre they will update within 3hrs with no loss of any data or Nokia care centre they will update within half an hr but all personal data loss like pics, songs n videos

bijuant

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
hi. please remove the SD card. Press and hold the power button , it will restart and install. It worked for my L1320. However even after installing Update 1 when i install additional language pack, the phone stuck to spinning wheel and need to remove SD card to complete installation.

Sivaraj E

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Sure I will give a try on and update you, But otherwise I will have to go for Nokia Care / Priority Centre to get this done as suggested above, It's a nice Idea, but still it a fault by Microsoft, better I will wait till the official release of Windows 8.1 Update 1 comes out hence it is in Developer preview mode, May be this is my final try on. Can you tell me now, do I need to remove both SD/SIM ? or just SD itself, one of the user has advised to remove SIM itself, but you are telling to remove only SD.

Shreejith Madanan

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
My 1320 was also stuck on the spinning wheel since has 1.5Hrs.
Saw this post, Removed SD card (just the SD card, sim still in the mobile) and restarted using the power button.
The Spinning just got faster and the update started !!!

Waiting the the update to complete

PS: Just posting just for others to know that this works and they must try the same if stuck with spinning wheels.

Rohan Sekhri

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a 920 and we trying the smaller update that comes before the real Cyan update. My friend and I started updating together. His got completed in a flash and mine got stuck at about 1-2% and did not move till 30 mins.

I was planning to restart the phone and someone told me to hold Volume Up + Power key to restart. Before the phone could restart, the update completed in a flash. I held the key combo for about 5-7 seconds and had to let it go as soon as the progress bar started moving. Hope the other update too gets done flawlessly

harisrinivaas

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Just remove SD and try it.
it would really work, because these hell updates upgrades the data ( i donno what is upgrade of data, but it will do) for which it takes a lot of time.
:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3