Update 1 Feature List

StefEBear

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget the phonebook entry for Cortana as a new feature! This is long awaited for me, since my car doesn't let me directly trigger Cortana. This way I can tell my car to dial Cortana, and then she starts listening without me having to look at my phone!
Not seeing the Cortana Phone Book entry in the Alpha release.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Not seeing the Cortana Phone Book entry in the Alpha release.

I don't see Cortana in contacts, but if you have a car system and tell it to call Cortana, it works. You can't tell Cortana to call herself either; I think it just tells your car there is a Cortana contact when you have the car import your contacts. Then when it receives the call command from the car with the Cortana phone number, it puts Cortana on the line. I tested it with a US phone and a Honda BT system.

Souless_Cthulhu

May 2, 2014
Visit site
So the twitter live tile, facebook live tile (beta or full), and store don't seem to be doing anything. They are all medium. I have done a soft reset. Other live tiles work and so do live folders. So I'm on 8.1 update 1. thoughts?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's new, but head to the ease of access settings and on the very end there are settings for Internet Explorer. It's called "captions in IE" you can set fonts and colors.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I tried that today and it worked great. Hopefully with everyone having Cortana, Siri, or Google, the car companies will get feedback from consumers to stop sticking their rubbish speak recognition phone directories in the way of our far superior phone speech engines.

The car systems have to work with the lowest common denominator, which means feature phones with no voice input whatsoever. I don't expect those to vanish anytime soon, since there are still lots of people who just want a phone to make phone calls and maybe handle a few SMS texts.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i Also need CALL DURATION back, i can't tell how long i have been talking on the phone.

From your call history list, tap on the icon on the right side of the number/name you're interested in. Then swipe to the "history" page. Your call durations are listed there.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Another small addition - the little activity arrows above the cell and WiFi signals no longer move the icons to the right when they appear.

I was hoping they did this so when I didn't see the icons jumping all over the place it made me happy. It truly used to annoy me. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss