Purported GDR1 Features Missing (List)

Anubis4574

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
1.) Xbox Music was supposed to come with a new update, including Live Tile, etc. Not to mention the previous update that was supposed to come last Friday as well....
2.) USB settings missing
3.) Missing Cyan Firmware (all previous GDRs had accompanying firmware

Does anyone know anything about when- or if- these features are coming (or already here)?

Disclaimer: I am running a L920 with WP8.1 GDR1 DP, no Cyan Firmware.

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Xbox music: propably with the next xbox music update
usb settings come with cyan.
firmware is not part of the dev preview

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I thought USB was missing as well and I thought it might come back after I actually connected it to something. Just plugged my 1520 into my Surface 2 and USB is there now. In Settings, just under Advertising ID.

Anubis4574

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Well that's kind of sad....MS really messed up with that Cyan snag (not working for DP). Even if I had the official cyan update, I'm not going to lose all of my data by doing a hard reset. That's preposterous. But thanks for replying!

Entegy

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Well that's kind of sad....MS really messed up with that Cyan snag (not working for DP). Even if I had the official cyan update, I'm not going to lose all of my data by doing a hard reset. That's preposterous. But thanks for replying!

What are you talking about here? Firmware updates were never part of the Developer Preview. You'll still get Cyan when your mobile operator releases it.

Anubis4574

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I just mean that the trouble to get Cyan eventually is quite upsetting, especially since Microsoft had initially promised Cyan when I first got into the preview....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon