Battery improvements in windows phone 8.1 update 1

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
21hours battery meter shows on idle,3.8 percent discharge per hour,my battery have a waaayyy better perfomance with my moderate use. Whatsapp,Viber FB...calls,sms...i dont watch movies and i dont play games. I have a PC for that stuff :),now i dobt have to carry a ca charger with me anymore like before :)Lumia 520
21 hours with constant wifi ?

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Battery performance with identical settings to pre-GDR1 update is much worse. Down from around 36hours to 20 hours, Cortana not enabled either. Guess a hard reset is required but why do we have to always do this after every flippin update?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Battery performance with identical settings to pre-GDR1 update is much worse. Down from around 36hours to 20 hours, Cortana not enabled either. Guess a hard reset is required but why do we have to always do this after every flippin update?

Probably a bug in the OS. Try tweeting the problem to Joe Belfiore. (Vice President of Windows - Also the Head of Windows Phone)

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 with cyan and update 1 dp has really good battery life. Much better than I had with the 8.1 dp before cyan. I'd say it's equal to what it was with 8.0

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I find mine is working better with 8.1 update 1. then cyan. With cyan sometimes my device wouldn't even charge and the battery would drain extremely fast. I have an external qi charger which stopped working after cyan I will have to try it out with the new update.
I have an att 1520

Collins_sang

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 720's battery life got even better. I fully charged the phone before I sleep. I woke up and it's still 100%. I swear, it's true. Maybe they've made improvements so that the battery would not drain too much if the phone is not being used.

I have a lumia 520 and mine since wp8.1 is 100% charged when I sleep and when I wake up it's still 100%. After gdr1 it's even better

Cormango

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I performed a hard reset on my L920 before and after applying Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 and battery life is still poor. But it's hard to say if the update has improved battery life or made it worse.

I find that battery life is very poor in areas where LTE coverage is sparse. When I'm at work, my phone will completely discharge in 8 hours with no usage due to low signal strength. It's constantly flipping through Edge, 3G, 4G, and LTE over and over again. When I'm home, I can get nearly two days of battery life with moderate usage. If I use my camera or browse the net, my battery drops extremely fast. It all depends on what apps I use and what kind of coverage I have.

turbo022

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Battery is definitely lasting longer for my 822 with 8.1 update 1. With the new update - 7 hours after taking it off the charger I am at 91% with light usage. Before the update it was 3-4% drain per hour no matter what.

Tushar Bhatnagar

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Battery sense has stopped working. App keeps crashing whenever i try to open it..... Please look into it. Despite that battery consumption is improved..... looking forward to some reply

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My 1520 was a bit wonky as far as the battery for the first few days but then settled down and has been fine. since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon