Battery improvements in windows phone 8.1 update 1

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Here in my phone lumia 520 battery is now at 57% after only 5 hours of full charging without wifi of 4 hours no gprs.
Battery life is poor

Michael John Sabido

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 720's battery life got even better. I fully charged the phone before I sleep. I woke up and it's still 100%. I swear, it's true. Maybe they've made improvements so that the battery would not drain too much if the phone is not being used.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 720's battery life got even better. I fully charged the phone before I sleep. I woke up and it's still 100%. I swear, it's true. Maybe they've made improvements so that the battery would not drain too much if the phone is not being used.

I think battery is good for your model
Here in 520 it sucks

Carl Joseph

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I think a hard reset is called for! I'm using a 1020 and I've gone from 7am at 100% to 20% at 10pm. I've played about an hour of games, sent texts, whatsapp, web browsing, 6snap, news, wpcentral app, photos etc etc. Before the update the battery would have been dead within 7 hours! Battery app reads 1day 15hs at full charge! Plus the 3G reception where I live is poor, so I think that may be draining additional power, which could mean that the battery life could be even better!

EDIT: forgot to add Cortana is on & 16 apps running in the background.

Last edited:

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
How can you guys tell if battery life is better or worse with any high accuracy? The phone needs to be used in an identical way before and after an update to make any kind of sense. There is software to measure battery drain but it uses battery to do so.... Catch 22 at its best.

????

Just wondering.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The solution for battery drain is always a hard reset and not restoring your back up. I don't know why. It's just the way it was made I guess.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is a ton better, the update seems to have fixed the issues on my Lumia icon where it would get really hot, get stuck on loading screen, and drain the battery. 😄

svendenadel

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1020 and I noticed an improvement today over the battery on my phone usually takes from 3 to 4 hours to drain from 50% to 5% the battery charge over WIFI, and today in the same range of time it went from 50% to 32% :) yikes!

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
21hours battery meter shows on idle,3.8 percent discharge per hour,my battery have a waaayyy better perfomance with my moderate use. Whatsapp,Viber FB...calls,sms...i dont watch movies and i dont play games. I have a PC for that stuff :),now i dobt have to carry a ca charger with me anymore like before :)Lumia 520

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon