Fantastic Idea for Folders in GDR1!!

Jowarman

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the new folders feature in Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 for almost a day now, and I have a few suggestions! I was wanting some opinions on them as well!

Suggested features:

• When a folder is opened, gray out the surrounding areas/icons outside of the folder. This is not only easier on the eye, it presents the tiles that you are in need of better, without all the clutter.

• To close a folder, simply click outside the folder/surrounding grayed out icons as suggested above. Currently, clicking outside the folder anywhere activates the icon your finger hits, basically jumping from folder to app, instead of just closing the folder. And clicking the folder icon is a bit of a hassle if your opening a small folder. You have to be rather precise to close it each time. Yes, you can always just hit your Windows icon at the bottom of the phone, although it would be more logical to just tap outside the folder to close it.

Other than those two things, I find this feature amazing. Even the little open/close animations are simple, yet fantastic.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Both of those options aren't anything special. They aren't bad, but still not good. They're just - meh (my oppinion). So I doubt they'll be implemented.
If you feel like it's really good, post it to windowsphone.uservoice.com, maybe they'll listen to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99