[FIX] Update to WP8.1 Update 1 80188308/80183306/8018330f Fix

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
This will wipe your device. Make backups before continuing

Hey all, I have found a way to fix the issue causing Lumia smartphones to not update to 8.1 Update 1.

This applies to Lumia devices only and has worked for me!

You're going to need Nokia Software Updater for Retail 4.1.2.

Install it and connect your phone. Click install on the software and accept the precaution warning.
Let your firmware download and install and set up as a NEW DEVICE!

Once set up, do all OTA updates before download Preview for Developers.
Once OTA updates are done, download Preview for Developers and update!

It worked for me so it should work for you!

I'm using Nokia Lumia 630 CV GBIE running Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1!

Let me know how you guys get on :)

Last edited:

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Not too keen on wiping my device. Microsofts backup is still pretty lacklustre compared to Apple, so I'll be losing all Appdata, as well as any apps that have been de-listed from the store.

Toshin

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
dude stop posting this link in everythread as a 'fix'

wiping the entire device is not a fix, and will obviously work if willing.

bAN01TgAZ

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
this a work-around, not a fix.

of course flashing a phone to stock and performing updates is an option for soapme, but the vast majority do not want to lose delisted purchases

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The point is that the OP has supplied a way to install Update 1 if you are having problems.
If you aren't willing to do what he advises, then you deserve to wait until a 'fix' is forthcoming.. In the meantime stop all your ********!!!! Ingrates....

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Hey all, I have found a way to fix the issue causing Lumia smartphones to not update to 8.1 Update 1.

Install it and connect your phone. Click install on the software and accept the precaution warning.

No offense intended since this may be worth some peoples' time to try; however, the contention that "it works for me so it should work for you" is on just about as solid ground as picking a spouse by throwing darts at a board and then saying it will obviously work for others. Lacking independent testing and verification your success could as likely be random chance as anything else....

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
No offense intended since this may be worth some peoples' time to try; however, the contention that "it works for me so it should work for you" is on just about as solid ground as picking a spouse by throwing darts at a board and then saying it will obviously work for others. Lacking independent testing and verification your success could as likely be random chance as anything else....

Well if people are willing to sacrifice their app data for a 'workaround' then let them be. It's not like everyone is going to try this...

Rob Betts

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

The same advice as given out by Microsoft 2-3 weeks ago when PD users had problems updating before it was pulled from the servers. At the moment a safe way to get GDR1 and Cyan update as many have done successfully by this route.

Wim TeDe

May 11, 2014
Visit site
How can they tell that this Error ( 80188308/80183306/8018330f ) is fixed.
It is just mentioned by a few "users" and not even Confirmed.
Pls guys do some more home work before you exite ppl.
SOURCE ... WMPoweruser
8018830f.png

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
that's a good fix but im afraid to wipe out my phone. so what I did is to anger the update button and wholla. it went through... that is after 10 attempts to download the update with that error popping up.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry this is nor a fix nor a work around (an SD card trick would be a work around as it would only help users with an SD card) as it involves reflashing and there by losing all your precious app + game data. Furthermore it doesn't help ATIV S users (HTC 8X & 8S users need driver updates), plus there are chances that this method may not work as you are still downloading and installing the same update package(s).

The only "fix" would come from work MS right now so your best option is to wait and be happy as opposed to whinging 24/7. People around the world have worse problems to contend with then a update failing to install...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs