HTC 8X, HTC 8S, and HTC 8XT Still Don't Have WP 8.1 PD GDR 1 Update!

mjes201

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Soooooo, I checked my phone this morning (7:37 AM EST) and mind you I have a HTC 8XT, but to no avail was the GDR 1 Update that Microsoft has sent out yesterday... I've been patient, I've been lenient with Microsoft over these past few months, but now I'm fed up. You know, it seems as if Microsoft has just left HTC in the dust and went on celebrating with their new Lumia brand phones. Nine hours ago, Marcus Ash tweeted: "Service rollout finished along with validation pass. Things should be working now. Send tweet if you still see issues or have questions." Ok, I can do that. *sends tweet asking why there is no update for HTC phones* Obviously, they think everything is all fine and dandy, but they don't realize that they have abandoned a part of their clientele. This really looks bad for Microsoft. If they don't have my update by tomorrow... they lost a tiny fraction of their clientele, ME.

Please comment below. :) Hopefully, someone who works on the WP team will see this... Thanks!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Soooooo, I checked my phone this morning (7:37 AM EST) and mind you I have a HTC 8XT, but to no avail was the GDR 1 Update that Microsoft has sent out yesterday... I've been patient, I've been lenient with Microsoft over these past few months, but now I'm fed up. You know, it seems as if Microsoft has just left HTC in the dust and went on celebrating with their new Lumia brand phones. Nine hours ago, Marcus Ash tweeted: "Service rollout finished along with validation pass. Things should be working now. Send tweet if you still see issues or have questions." Ok, I can do that. *sends tweet asking why there is no update for HTC phones* Obviously, they think everything is all fine and dandy, but they don't realize that they have abandoned a part of their clientele. This really looks bad for Microsoft. If they don't have my update by tomorrow... they lost a tiny fraction of their clientele, ME.

Please comment below. :) Hopefully, someone who works on the WP team will see this... Thanks!

Yea, that tweet was for UK Cortana.

mjes201

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the article! :) However, a person told me in another thread that he has the HTC 8XT and he got the GDR 1 Update. Also, nowhere in the article did I see anything about hardware/firmware issues. So am I being lied to?

There's another article somewhere - I'm digging it out now. It mentioned a driver issue of some sort.

Edit: Here you go. http://www.windowscentral.com/some-devices-needs-oem-driver-updates-windows-phone-81-update-1

And I reckon that person who said they'd got it was telling porkies and assumed the first update (there are two) was the GDR update. The first one is in fact more of a pre-update to prepare for the second one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire