Got a non-answer from HTC

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Here's the email:

Dear Daniel Lalonde,

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical support. I want to thank you for being part of the HTC Family.

HTC does not announce release dates of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software. Please stay tuned to our website and social media for future update announcements
Daniel, if you have further questions please feel free to reply to this email. You can also call us at 1(866)449-8358 from 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM or you can use our live online chat on this web site HTC Support Center-Chat from 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM

Have a wonderful day.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Miguel

HTC

And this is from the chat:

Daniel Lalonde
Initial Question/Comment: Update 1 firmware update?

System
Gabriel D. has joined this session!

System
Connected with Gabriel D.

Daniel Lalonde
Hello

Gabriel D.
Hi, Daniel!

Gabriel D.
I am more than happy to help you with this!

Daniel Lalonde
I'm sure I'm not the only one asking. Sorry if this is the case.

Daniel Lalonde
I got a reply from email support saying HTC doesn't announce software release dates, which I understand. But I was wondering if it was possible for HTC users to expect a firmware update soon in order to get the Update 1 from Microsoft's Developer Preview. As a dev, it would be a set back no to be able to get that update.

Gabriel D.
Unfortunately, Daniel. I will have to repeat the same information. We don't have an ETA for the update. Please stay tuned to our website and social media for future update announcements.

Daniel Lalonde
OK I understand. I do hope it's pretty quick though. Then again why is HTC not support its apps since 8.1 DP came out? Some users I've seen, as well as myself, feel like HTC is abandonning us to focus on their next product. Is this the case?

Gabriel D.
We are fully supporting Windows since the start we are one of the companies that starting working with it.

Daniel Lalonde
Oh I know. But I understand from your answer that we will keep getting support?

Gabriel D.
Yes, of course, Daniel.

Daniel Lalonde
Great. Looking forward to getting the update then. Thank you.

Gabriel D.
You’ re welcome. Do you have any other question?

Daniel Lalonde
No that's all. Thank you.

Gabriel D.
Thank you for contacting us. After you close the chat, would you be so kind to answer the survey about my service, please?

Daniel Lalonde
Sure

Gabriel D.
I appreciate it! Have a nice day!

Daniel Lalonde
You too.

Gabriel D.
Good bye. It was a pleasure to chat with you.

Hope Joe Belfiore will have a better answer...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I think Joe and others are probably harassing HTC management about this firmware issue...all back channel ops though...

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I don't think HTC gives a **** about WP. They probably have one dude over there trying to fix something and told these support guys to tell the same "We don't know anything, keep waiting" story.
Preety dumb, if you made a WP device, support it you a-holes! If not, stick to your Androids and don't visit this world.
Nokia released a Firmware for every update there is, and they [HTC] don't care to push critical updates.

Hope it gets solved, but I don't think it's a good idea to stick to a HTC WP, the reason is obvious.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I don't think HTC gives a **** about WP. They probably have one dude over there trying to fix something and told these support guys to tell the same "We don't know anything, keep waiting" story.
Preety dumb, if you made a WP device, support it you a-holes! If not, stick to your Androids and don't visit this world.
Nokia released a Firmware for every update there is, and they [HTC] don't care to push critical updates.

Hope it gets solved, but I don't think it's a good idea to stick to a HTC WP, the reason is obvious.

I've said it many times on this forum. The best solution for a Windows Phone is a Lumia. I've regretted my HTC very soon after I got it. Lumia has tons of exclusive apps that are actually updated and very little update problem (although, to be fair, this is the first time this has happened).

But yeah, Lumia users seem to have it easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers