Nokia suite recovery doesn't install firmware

gxsaurav

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I got a Lumia 925 in India running Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview with Lumia Cyan.

I tried to downgrade my OS to WP 8.0. For this I installed Nokia recovery suite as recommended, it detected my phone and offered to download WP 8.0 which was around 1.43 GB. I left my phone connected to PC.

It then asked me to confirm downgrade and that everything will be wiped out. I did. The phone rebooted with Nokia logo slightly above the usual position but then nothing happened. Nokia recovery told me that firmware installation has failed and it stayed at 0%. Then it told me to try soft resetting. I did, nothing happened.

I disconnected the phone, did another soft reset and phone booted normally in my already installed OS. Nothing was changed.

Please help me in downgrading so that I can update to GDR1.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If you have Cyan (which comes with WP8.1) then you don't need to downgrade your phone for any reason. All you had to do if you wanted the GDR1 preview was install the app and enrol in Preview again.

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I got a Lumia 925 in India running Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview with Lumia Cyan.

I tried to downgrade my OS to WP 8.0. For this I installed Nokia recovery suite as recommended, it detected my phone and offered to download WP 8.0 which was around 1.43 GB. I left my phone connected to PC.

It then asked me to confirm downgrade and that everything will be wiped out. I did. The phone rebooted with Nokia logo slightly above the usual position but then nothing happened. Nokia recovery told me that firmware installation has failed and it stayed at 0%. Then it told me to try soft resetting. I did, nothing happened.

I disconnected the phone, did another soft reset and phone booted normally in my already installed OS. Nothing was changed.

Please help me in downgrading so that I can update to GDR1.

One thing to check when using the recovery tool is to make sure the phone is NOT connected to a USB 3.0 port or through a USB hub.

This is known to cause problems like the one described. I would suggest restarting the process making sure the USB lead is connected to a USB 2.0 port that is on the motherboard.

gxsaurav

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
If you have Cyan (which comes with WP8.1) then you don't need to downgrade your phone for any reason. All you had to do if you wanted the GDR1 preview was install the app and enrol in Preview again.

I already have Developer preview app installed. I am having Error 8018830f so I am not able to install GDR1.

This is known to cause problems like the one described. I would suggest restarting the process making sure the USB lead is connected to a USB 2.0 port that is on the motherboard.

I will try this at home tonight. I was indeed connecting it to USB 3.0 port so far.

gxsaurav

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I still get the error when trying to update. Last tried was 5 hours ago.

It is around 500 MB so can't do it so many times due to bandwidth limit at home.

gxsaurav

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Just tried again. It downloaded and "Preparing to install" has gone upto 35%. Fingers crossed. I hope it happens this time.

gxsaurav

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess I still don't some features.

1. No sliders for brightness.
2. No Static IP for WiFi.
3. No arrow indicator on WiFi/3G Icon when download/uploading a file.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786