Aptx Bluetooth in gdr1

Ashu Ashu

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
aptX support coming to all Windows Phone 8 - Lumia devices with the Lumia denim update which is expected to release next month.

Source:
www (dot) microsoft (dot) com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA143077

Ashu Ashu

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
A couple people in the comments and on twitter have said they think that aptX has improved their sound. My 920 with GDR1 and no Cyan still sounds bad (I compared it to a GS3 with the same mp3 and aptX headset and the sound is not as clear). I'm hoping that it just requires the Cyan changes to BT, since we know 8.1 kind of broke BT with Black in several ways (cars don't show track progress, BT4LE stopped working, etc.). It would be nice if someone with Cyan could try it out and verify that it works.

EDIT: I have Cyan and the update now and can no longer detect a difference in sound quality between the GS3 and the L920. It works!

Do you have Lumia Denim firmware because as per microsoft page aptX support is coming with the Denim update.

Source:
www (dot) microsoft (dot) com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA143077

Ashu Ashu

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
You shouldn't hijack threads like this. Stay on topic.

I'm running GDR1 on my 1520 w/cyan and I'm almost certain I'm streaming over apt-x to my Kinivo BTC450. I'll run a spectral analysis against a 925 cyan without GDR1 and post the proof along with lossless audio downloads to hear for yourself.

Do you have Lumia Denim firmware because as per microsoft page aptX support is coming with the Denim update.

Source:

Sorry for repeating the same message again and again but I have to complete my 10 posts to be able to post links :)

Ashu Ashu

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, anyone has any news about aptx in Bluetooth in the update 1? It isnt included in the official changelog but there are many other things that arent and we discovered them. Does anyone notice any chance of sound quality in theirs compatible atpx devices?

Thanks,
Gabo.

aptX support is coming to all Windows Phone 8 (Lumia devices) with Lumia Denim update which is expected to be releases in November, 2014.

Source:
FAQ - Does my Lumia phone support aptX for Bluetooth audio streaming? - Microsoft - USA

Ashu Ashu

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
No problem. I spent a few hours evaluating these headphones. Love the light weight feel and soft ear cups. To me they are actually more beautiful in person than the pictures.

Onto aptX. Well I can certainly tell the difference. I have some 24-bit albums that I listen to frequently. I fired them up using Moliplayer Pro on my Windows Phone. First of all I think that app has some issues. I got major stuttering in many of my 24-bit music files. Possibly due to the downsampling processing to 16-bit on the phone or other issues. I got the same stuttering with just using the headphone jack, so I know it isn't a Bluetooth bandwidth problem.

Issues aside, I can tell a major difference in fidelity. I tend to use "Lorde - White Teeth Teens" as a good test track and it sounds great when MoliPlayer Pro isn't stuttering.

The bad side of this is that I'm sending these headphones back and going for the JBLs like I originally intended. I just don't like the sound stage of these MEElectronics headphones. Too shallow for me.

So, next up. These from B&H. :excited:

View attachment 76159

aptX support is coming to all Windows Phone 8 (Lumia devices) with Lumia Denim update which is expected to be releases in November, 2014.

Source:
FAQ - Does my Lumia phone support aptX for Bluetooth audio streaming? - Microsoft - USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss