Facing a lag when returning to start screen WP8.1 GDR1

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I had lag and I was able to fix the issue. I have a Lumia 1520 with cyan firmware, and by unpinning the Cortana live tile, I was able to cure the lag. That was able to do the trick for me. Though the web browser has improved with this update, when I go and browse certain websites like wpcentral.com they are laggy, and not like before. Other websites that were not WP optimized like theverge and Engadget render much clearer and nicer. So there are pros and cons, but it is quite frustrating that wpcentral website is so laggy now, I'm considering to revert back to cyan, because I think we need to wait for the next firmware to get announced so that gdr1 will be able to perform better.
I don't even have Cortana live tile pinned to my start screen so that doesn't seem to be the reason here.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
My 920, still on Black, is still smooth as glass after the update, even after I created 17 live folders on my start page. Since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one without this problem, I suspect that those of you who have it either have a problem with the way the update installed on your phones or you have some app incompatibility problem. If it's an install issue, maybe a hard reset will fix it, although maybe some of you have already tried that?

BTW, I don't have the Cortana tile pinned, but obviously that isn't the issue for everybody, either.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Suprisingly when i unpinned cortana i didn't experienced any lag till now....but let me see if any lag happens or not ...if it happens then it has be some problem with gdr1...
I will update my post....

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Was not using resuming anymore, but micro stutter/ home screen lag was there. Unpinning Cortana r resolved that for me.

Interestingly if you shrink to the smallest tile it does not stutter... If I had to guess I would say it has to do with the circle/orb animation, if you look closely it seems to be animating while the home screen is also animating...

I think Microsoft/Cortana team needs to set the tile to not animate during the initial animation when returning to the home screen.

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I think the problem has to do with the live lock screen. Was working fine until I uninstalled it. That's when I started to get the resuming bug

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
im watching it lag since updating to 8.1, animations are now trying to be faster, and that's at the cost of smoothness, its not terribly bad nor does it affect functionality but I can clearly see it dropping a few frames when going back to start, back on 8.0 it was buttery smooth like all OS animations but it was getting boring/not quick enough

v_emman

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I also experience that lag on my 1020, when scrolling through the start screen. The lag is there even when Cortana is not pinned on the start screen. I have many live folders and I suspect that the lag is caused by them as they constantly animate, because the lag was growing worse while I was adding more live folders on the start screen. Live folders are very handy but they should fix this lag issue that makes them almost unusable.

vieuxclou

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

it not just returning to start screen that being laggy.
IE 11 is horrible since update 1. The scroll experience is a mess on a bunch of website.
Wpcentral at first. I mean what the **** Microsoft did with this browser ? I though there have improved IE11 experience ? Now, it just nigthmare to browser correctly on the wpcentral's forum with IE11, the scroll is too laggy so laggy that the browser just crash very often.

All i see is, when i was on WP8.1 DP everything were working as expected, now with update 1 we are far from Windows phone legendary smoothness !!!!!!!!

That remind me Android a lot !

Sorry for my English if there's too much mistakes (i'm french).

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
We here just browse the forums using tapatalk or WP central app. It isn't exactly easy to browse the forums given most of the page I made of ads.

But if you have a more specific problem, we could help.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

it not just returning to start screen that being laggy.
IE 11 is horrible since update 1. The scroll experience is a mess on a bunch of website.
Wpcentral at first. I mean what the **** Microsoft did with this browser ? I though there have improved IE11 experience ? Now, it just nigthmare to browser correctly on the wpcentral's forum with IE11, the scroll is too laggy so laggy that the browser just crash very often.

All i see is, when i was on WP8.1 DP everything were working as expected, now with update 1 we are far from Windows phone legendary smoothness !!!!!!!!

That remind me Android a lot !

Sorry for my English if there's too much mistakes (i'm french).

Wpcentral is a mess on my Android tablet. It's not MS fault that the site doesn't load.

vieuxclou

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok,

but how you explain that on my girlfriend's NL 820 with WP8.1 and Cyan, it works incredibly well.
When i was on WP 8.1 DP it were that good too. But since update 1 everything mess up !

And i forgot, now i always have blurry images on web pages. i made two hard reset and many soft reset nothing change. And no this is not data sense !

I try to set it on automatic = blurry images
desable it = blurry images

this happen to every website i browser on ! that wasn't the case on WP 8.1 DP or on my girlfriend's Lumia 820 set to automatic but with sharpen images !!!

vieuxclou

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
We here just browse the forums using tapatalk or WP central app. It isn't exactly easy to browse the forums given most of the page I made of ads.

But if you have a more specific problem, we could help.

Ok i will give it a try even if i was really enjoying browser on wpcentral on IE for years now.

Fer Cos

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Wow I have a 1020 and unpinning Cortana totally did the trick!!! Even kept the home background pic on. Unbelievable. WTF MS?!?!?!

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, sometimes I am facing the small lag too. I think it is just a live tiles needs to be optimized and I hope it will be solved in final Denim release.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
im watching it lag since updating to 8.1, animations are now trying to be faster, and that's at the cost of smoothness, its not terribly bad nor does it affect functionality but I can clearly see it dropping a few frames when going back to start, back on 8.0 it was buttery smooth like all OS animations but it was getting boring/not quick enough

Well your phone was built to use 8.0 not 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium