Update 1 Kinda Fouled My Lumia 1520

regi7

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Since updating to Update 1, Cortana can no longer hear me, the People Hub no longer displays photos, Music doesn't sync properly (I keep getting the little i in the circle that says the song is not available), the wrong photos show up in the wrong photo album, and my outlook account, after hours, still won't sync to my phone. This is really annoying. I'm currently trying to hard set it for the fourth time.

Asharon Baltazar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I gave on update 1 after it lowered my battery life to extremely low levels. Why don't you try to downgrade to 8.0 and then back up again? I'm saying this seeing how hard reseting isn't working for you. It can take a long time to get everything in order but it's worth it.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My 930 stutters now with cortana pinned to start screen and when I hard reset I had no option to use back up just kept saying my phone had no connection but when I did my 8x on just 8.1 worked like a treat

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hard re-setting doesn't work. And I can't downgrade, because there's no mac app for that.

Have you done a soft reset? I have had a few minor issues with my 1520 but nothing as wonky as yours. Its possible, I suppose that it might be a hardware issue or issues you are dealing with Are you close to a repair facility

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
I've found that my data connection goes into zombie mode. Have to toggle airport mode or restart to regain a cellular data connection.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hard re-setting doesn't work. And I can't downgrade, because there's no mac app for that.

Have you done a soft reset? I have had a few minor issues with my 1520 but nothing as wonky as yours. Its possible, I suppose that it might be a hardware issue or issues you are dealing with Are you close to a repair facility

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
My 930 stutters now with cortana pinned to start screen and when I hard reset I had no option to use back up just kept saying my phone had no connection but when I did my 8x on just 8.1 worked like a treat

about having Cortana pinned caused the resuming wait after unlock, so I figured lets try it... Sure enough the micro stutter/ home screen lag is gone now.

Interestingly if you shrink to the smallest tile it does not stutter... If I had to guess I would say it has to do with the circle/orb animation, if you look closely it seems to be animating while the home screen is also animating...

I think Microsoft/Cortana team needs to set the tile to not animate during the initial animation when returning to the home screen.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
about having Cortana pinned caused the resuming wait after unlock, so I figured lets try it... Sure enough the micro stutter/ home screen lag is gone now.

Interestingly if you shrink to the smallest tile it does not stutter... If I had to guess I would say it has to do with the circle/orb animation, if you look closely it seems to be animating while the home screen is also animating...

I think Microsoft/Cortana team needs to set the tile to not animate during the initial animation when returning to the home screen.

Glad its not just me that has this problem although this update seems to have a few. Has anyone tried having cortana to read out text messages she will ask do you want to read it or ignore it and sometimes if you say read it she will say "ok who would you like to text" and if she does read it and asks you if you want to reply call or I'm finished and you say I'm finished she then asks if your all done which is annoying having to answer pretty much the same question twice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro