Which Bluetooth Car Stereo should I get for Music and Cortana?

BlueBomber

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody - I'm in the market for a new car stereo, and remember hearing about improved integration and connectivity with Bluetooth stereo systems after GDR1 Update 1.

Just curious if anybody had an opinions or recommendations.

One thing I am hoping for is the ability to activate Cortana WITHOUT having to call her special 555-555-9876 number - I'd really like the ability to instantly ask her something.

Thanks!

Paul

Deamion

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I also would like to know this. Did you find one that works? I need a 2-Din replacement for my '06 Nissan Altima.
I recently rented a '14 Altima and the BT integration with my L620 was amazing! Everything worked, Calling, SMS, Cortana, NAV voice over and Music.

Can anyone recommend a 2-Din head unit that can do that in my '06 Altima?

Deamion

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I installed the Alpine CDE-W235BT. Its Bluetooth integration with Windows phone 8.1 is pretty good.
Calls are as you would expect, but there is some room for improvement in the way it handles an incoming text (SMS). This head unit will auto pause the Bluetooth streaming when a SMS comes in, but because Windows phone already handles this, it actually prevents you from hearing what Cortana is saying.
I haven’t found an option to ignore SMS messages, so the only way I can get this to work is to wait for it to auto pause the BT streaming, and then manually un-pause it using the play/pause button on the deck.
Of course this take a few second, so I miss the first few words that Cortana is speaking, but it works.

Another small issue is to Speak to Cortana (Or voice dial according to the desk) you have to first press the talk button, and then the OK/Select button. This way Cortana will pop up and you can say your command.

The last issue is if you’re initiating a SMS (Via the two step process above), and take too long to speak your message, the Alpine deck will sometimes detect that you’re not “in a call” and cut you off then start playing the song again on its own.

I might go back and get a Kenwood and see if it works any better.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
This probably won't help you but with my car it works really well, it's a Ford with a "My Connection" stereo and it has a Call button which you press for two seconds to invoke a BT connected Cortana. It's so great I fear my next car won't have a systema that works so well :(

Edit: It's kinda old and the display is really basic, compared to what probably is used today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs