Issues in WP 8.1.1 with Lumia 1020 (not a rant, just a report)

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the WP 8.1.1 for about a week and I noticed several discomforts in my 1020

1. random restarts are now something common
2. battery can't last more than 6 hours
3. more stutters in the animations

as I have no good Wi-Fi around my house, I'm not going to hard reset my phone, so I'm going to live through with it
but any fixes coming will be appreciated, though :3

I guess this is my last Preview OS and after Lumia "Debian Red" I'll simply wait for 8.1.2 with the Lumia "E"

P.S. come on MS, release 1030 already!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... None of these issues on my 1020. And also not on my 1520. Tbh, I've had some performance issues on the 1020 with the 8.1 DP, but it got better with each update. And since installing the GDR 1 DP it's been working fast and fluent again. That being said, I'm not using Cortana nor the live lockscreen thing on my devices, which are both said to cause performance drops.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... None of these issues on my 1020. And also not on my 1520. Tbh, I've had some performance issues on the 1020 with the 8.1 DP, but it got better with each update. And since installing the GDR 1 DP it's been working fast and fluent again. That being said, I'm not using Cortana nor the live lockscreen thing on my devices, which are both said to cause performance drops.

did you downgrade to 8.0.3, get Cyan, and then update to 8.1.1?
cause I didn't...

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Apparently the crashes are not because of Cortana...
Maybe the Live Folders created the crashes? (I have a Live Folder with 12 apps on small tiles and 6 apps on medium tiles; is that the troublemaker?)

If I'm not alone having this problem, I hope Microsoft see this and work on the fixes

Meanwhile, I'll try to split the folder and see if my phone is more stable afterwards

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Apparently the crashes are not because of Cortana...
Maybe the Live Folders created the crashes? (I have a Live Folder with 12 apps on small tiles and 6 apps on medium tiles; is that the troublemaker?)

If I'm not alone having this problem, I hope Microsoft see this and work on the fixes

Meanwhile, I'll try to split the folder and see if my phone is more stable afterwards

I doubt live folders are causing any trouble. If so, I would definitely experience them too. I have a games folder containing about 35 tiles (a couple small, majority is medium and some double wide tiles too). In addition to the games folder I have one for navigation apps, one for media related apps and one for messengers. These three each contain no more than 8 items though.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
It's way more stable after the recent update...
Apparently, I wasn't alone with the problem and they sent fixes for that...
Thanks Microsoft :)

Anyway, I noticed that the Bluetooth/Wi-Fi issue (which made them unable to be turned off if they're not turned off for quite some time) is still there...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett