Bug Ignored since Lumia Black released

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't happen on my 920, still on Black with 8.1 DP and GDR1 update. Perhaps it's an issue only with the slightly newer lower-end phones?

In any event, speaking as someone who's been programming professionally since the 1970s, developers can only fix bugs if they 1) are aware of them, and 2) can duplicate them. So who has reported this to Nokia/Microsoft Mobile, and made sure that the developers have duplicated the problem?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello ,
I don't know why people are not reporting this bug but seriously I got mad with this bug.

Bug detail:
When phone light get low (dimmed) i.e 5 sec before screen times out (because of idle condition of phone) during this period if we Tap or whatever key we press then it doing function of Holding of that Tap/key instead of just doing function of normal key press or Tap.

To check this bug in your phone:
1) Set screen times out to 30 sec in Lock screen settings.
2) Go to start screen and do nothing for 25 sec.
3) As soon as display light get low (dimmed) Tap On any Tile (before screen goes out)
4) It will show Customize Tile instead of opening of that app.
5) Now touch anywhere on screen and that tile will be shifted to that point (it will also shift that tile if you press back button)

Note: 30 secs here is just an example , this bug is occurring on any value of screen time out you set. So it will occur when display light get dim.

The same way if you press Back button when light gets low it will start Multitasking Screen. And you can also try many more like type a key in message and etc..!!!

I found this bug in:
Lumia Black , Lumia Cyan , Windows Phone 8.1 DP , Windows Phone 8.1 Update DP

Lumia user please check this bug in your phone and reply and Non Lumia user alos check because I think this bug is in OS not in firmware.

P.S.: As per user's comments this bug found on : Lumia 520 , Lumia 525 , Lumia 720

1) It does not happen with my 928 and 822.
2) Have you reported the problem to Microsoft (and previously Nokia)? It clearly does not affect many phones and it certainly will not get fixed unless people report it. Assuming something affects everyone and/or that others are reporting your problem will result in a really long wait.

GohanGautham

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
L520 Cyan no issues found! L620 8.1.1 w/o Cyan also no issues found! And also L720 and L1520 both with Cyan no issues found! Guess its only for a handful of people like dkp1977 mentioned!

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member