Bug Ignored since Lumia Black released

VHDL

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello ,
I don't know why people are not reporting this bug but seriously I got mad with this bug.

Bug detail:
When phone light get low (dimmed) i.e 5 sec before screen times out (because of idle condition of phone) during this period if we Tap or whatever key we press then it doing function of Holding of that Tap/key instead of just doing function of normal key press or Tap.

To check this bug in your phone:
1) Set screen times out to 30 sec in Lock screen settings.
2) Go to start screen and do nothing for 25 sec.
3) As soon as display light get low (dimmed) Tap On any Tile (before screen goes out)
4) It will show Customize Tile instead of opening of that app.
5) Now touch anywhere on screen and that tile will be shifted to that point (it will also shift that tile if you press back button)

Note: 30 secs here is just an example , this bug is occurring on any value of screen time out you set. So it will occur when display light get dim.

The same way if you press Back button when light gets low it will start Multitasking Screen. And you can also try many more like type a key in message and etc..!!!

I found this bug in:
Lumia Black , Lumia Cyan , Windows Phone 8.1 DP , Windows Phone 8.1 Update DP

Lumia user please check this bug in your phone and reply and Non Lumia user alos check because I think this bug is in OS not in firmware.

P.S.: As per user's comments this bug found on : Lumia 520 , Lumia 525 , Lumia 720

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Never happened on my 1020 and neither on my 1520. I've just followed your steps, but nothing. Just working as intended.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll additionally try it on my wife's 920 and my two oldest kids' 1320 and 925 when I get back home and report back. But I doubt it's gonna happen, tbh. Sounds more like some hardware issue to me.

VHDL

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Trust me i have tested this on different phone and they have this bug. I am using L520 but i found the same bug in my friends phone L520 , L525 both on 8.1 DP.
And its not hardware issue as I did not find this bug in Lumia Amber. To go through this bug I downgrade my phone from 8.1.1 DP to Lumia Amber and I did not find this in Amber but then I started updating my phone and I find this bug in Lumia Black , and Cyan and Also I have this bug in 8.1.1 DP.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Whatever, there are 7 devices now where it reportedly doesn't happen. That's 7 vs. 2. ;) And it's even the very first time I've ever heard about this happening. If it were something widespread, it had definitely been reported before.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have realised this problem since a few months ago, its most apparent in Whatsapp and calculator app. It gets annoying when you wan to reply a message and tapped the screen to light it up, then a popup option comes out and ask if you want to forward of delete the message. In the calculator app, it only highlights the number and does not register, which prompts you to have to press another time.

Furthermore, the tap and hold bug also causes the lock screen to hang in the air. To reproduce this, press your power button (double tap works too), wait until the screen starts to dim, then swipe up normally to unlock the phone. The lockscreen will hang midair. This bug if left like that, also causes the screen to never (not sure) turn off, because it register it as a constant tap.

VHDL

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
The user DoctorSaline is having this bug on L525 on Lumia Black so this is not hardware issue , So friends please check it again on your phone with different key press like Back button etc..
Those who do not find this issue please check it 2 or more times.!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The user DoctorSaline is having this bug on L525 on Lumia Black so this is not hardware issue , So friends please check it again on your phone with different key press like Back button etc..
Those who do not find this issue please check it 2 or more times.!

I've checked it multiple times on my 1020 and 1520, no issues here. And neither on the 925, 920 or 1320.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I think I may have had this issue as well when I had owned the Lumia 520.

This only affects the Lumia 520 and isn't a very crippling bug that could in any way affect the user friendliness of the device.

Try not to worry too much about it.

VHDL

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I think I may have had this issue as well when I had owned the Lumia 520.

This only affects the Lumia 520 and isn't a very crippling bug that could in any way affect the user friendliness of the device.

Try not to worry too much about it.
No. This is really very annoying bug and was hoping for resolved in WP 8.1 Update but its still there.

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes it happens often on my 720. If I touch my phone's screen after dimming of screen, the phone understands it as a hold instead of tap. So it shows a context menu instead of opening the item on which I tap. Also the scroll doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel