Update to DP GDR1 available!

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My 920 finished the update without any issues that I can see. Today, I'll know more after using it. Only thing that did not work was that lock screen beta. But other than that, so far so good.

Same here on my Icon Install went fine. Only thing not working is the New Lock Screen. Hopefully Cyan soon...

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
has anyone tried to install a new keyboard with this update ?? it wont work for me, it just says attention required that the download failed! is it happening to anyone else ?? lumia 930 here

h_portal

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if this updated eliminated the option in Call History to add numbers to the Call+SMS Filter app. But I am not seeing it anymore. Other than that, my 920 feels as fast as when it had wp8.0, the update before this one introduced quite a lot of lag in transitions.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if this updated eliminated the option in Call History to add numbers to the Call+SMS Filter app. But I am not seeing it anymore. Other than that, my 920 feels as fast as when it had wp8.0, the update before this one introduced quite a lot of lag in transitions.

Open network+ in settings and it'll ask you to reboot your phone then it should be fine, it happened me too

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Usual stuff..
Except for..
Battery lasts 3 X longer than before update
Phone is twice as fast
3D Icon Display
Micro USB Port Updated to Type-C..

I honestly can't find anything really significant this update brings..

I herd ms is going to release a water resistance app, maybe end of August. You will need Cyan, however.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

dellboy67

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Update on 520 still not installing. Tries the gears for 1 minute then stops. Why is the 520 singled out?

Last edited:

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Dont know if its just momentary, but now Multiple startscreens appear less frequently...
It used to show multiple start screens if i use multi tasking when WhatsApp or such app is on.. and exit from it..
wp_ss_20140621_0001.png

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Dont know if its just momentary, but now Multiple startscreens appear less frequently...
It used to show multiple start screens if i use multi tasking when WhatsApp or such app is on.. and exit from it..
View attachment 77718

This problem can be reproduced. Look here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/292593-interesting-bug-xd.html

ON-TOPIC: Should I install the update? I accidentally pressed the download button xP.

What a shame, I downgraded to 8.1 Cyan, then upgraded to GDR 1 (14147). Then I did a reset....

The update (14157) came out one hour later ==

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
This problem can be reproduced. Look here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/292593-interesting-bug-xd.html

ON-TOPIC: Should I install the update? I accidentally pressed the download button xP.

What a shame, I downgraded to 8.1 Cyan, then upgraded to GDR 1 (14147). Then I did a reset....

The update (14157) came out one hour later ==
ypy9a3y2.png

Got it back!!!

dellboy67

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Still no success on the Lumia 520 with DP - phone continually (more than once a day usually) tells me theres an update but when it gets to the gears its restarts after a minute & says the update can't be installed. I've tried a soft reset, I'm not using Bitlocker or any other encryption & have deleted all my temp files - what more can I do as I don't really want to have to flash downgrade my phone?

Any got any ideas or is this just MS not worried over the remaining few users according to Joe Belfiore that can't upgrade - we've been told to sit tight for 2-3 weeks now whilst everyone else upgrades!

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
You got two options.
One is to take a cigar, lean back and wait.
Second is you flash it manually.
Your choice.

Somewhere in the wp8.1 section i posted a first aid kit for nokia.
Maybe you take a look at it.

jalesh patel

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
i am using lumia 920 and i am on do program now on my device lumia cyan available country variant in india but i cant get lumia cyan if i will get lumia cyan by nokia recovery tool then will i update gdr1 on my device by dp program??????????????????????

Last edited:

620master

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Update itself took from start to phone ready, about 30 minutes.

But applications still have the "installing" status, so the update is not complete yet. This will take 30 to 45 minutes. Then everything will be ready for some checks, including performance.

But even with apps installing, phone is normal.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
has anyone tried to install a new keyboard with this update ?? it wont work for me, it just says attention required that the download failed! is it happening to anyone else ?? lumia 930 here

I can confirm that this is a problem I couldn't download UK/US Speech to activate cortana. I had to flash back to 8.1, download the language and then update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium