Developer preview update error

zeekhan786

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I know that the fix for the 80188308 error is not going to be easy but is anyone else getting frustrated at the lack of progress apparently being made?

Its been ongoing for weeks and still no news on when or what will be happening to fix it.

Rant over lol

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm annoyed by it but I've decided to wait until I at least have Cyan before doing a hard reset. I'm not losing sleep over it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yh I'm reluctant to do a hard reset but surely there should be some progress by now?

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. If you have Cyan available what's the reluctance unless you have loads of game data there's no reason not to hard reset. I'm was planning to hard reset anyway after Cyan as my phone usually messes up after an update anyway.

zeekhan786

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Game data would be my biggest problem. Ive been playing FIFA 14 for ages now.

Interesting question though if the game is stored on my sd card would it be affected by a reset?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Game data would be my biggest problem. Ive been playing FIFA 14 for ages now.

Interesting question though if the game is stored on my sd card would it be affected by a reset?

Ask the developer would be my suggestion and ask them if you can backup to OneDrive as some do now.

Crumble Shake

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd really like to think they're at least working on it.

But I don't see why they would to be honest. The people getting the error are a really small portion of people who already made the decision to sign up to a buggy preview of an unreleased OS.

zeekhan786

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I can see the point. I mean I know we should be lucky to have any sort of preview at all but you'd think if they say they are going to fix it then they will.

Might consider just doing a hard reset and start fifa again. I don't think there's much else to do really

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd really like to think they're at least working on it.

But I don't see why they would to be honest. The people getting the error are a really small portion of people who already made the decision to sign up to a buggy preview of an unreleased OS.

You really think it is such a small portion? I'm probably gonna hard reset when I have a few hours

zeekhan786

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
So I finally hard reset my phone on Sunday and guess what....it didn't work. :| however I did manage to install the update only I had to use Nokia software recovery tool to do it.

The strange thing tho was that instead of downgrading my lumia 820 it upgraded it to cyan. Then I could install gdr1 first time no issues.

Confused but glad its over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12