Xbox Music Live Tile not working Properly

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
And at last long waiting Xbox Music Update with Live Tile has arrived.
(Need WP 8.1 OS Version 8.10.144.x or higher - Update 1)

But for me Live Tile is not working Properly. It just shows artist name in Live tile.. ( it was showing in Music+Video App in WP8)
Album art is showing in the App, in the preferred box. But read in WPCentral that album art will seen all through the app. Iam not getting this one also..
Does anybody faces the same issue.. Any Solution..?

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
And at last long waiting Xbox Music Update with Live Tile has arrived.
(Need WP 8.1 OS Version 8.10.144.x or higher - Update 1)

But for me Live Tile is not working Properly. It just shows artist name in Live tile.. ( it was showing in Music+Video App in WP8)
Album art is showing in the App, in the preferred box. But read in WPCentral that album art will seen all through the app. Iam not getting this one also..
Does anybody faces the same issue.. Any Solution..?

I thought it was supposed to do the same as in WP 8.By the way you are not alone.......

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's not the album art that's displayed on the live tile, but the image that is shown in the background of the app while playing music. And for this to work properly, Xbox Music must be available in your region. As far as I know it's not available in India for example, hence the live tile is green and only showing artist and song title as animations, but lacking the image.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I believe it's not the album art that's displayed on the live tile, but the image that is shown in the background of the app while playing music. And for this to work properly, Xbox Music must be available in your region. As far as I know it's not available in India for example, hence the live tile is green and only showing artist and song title as animations, but lacking the image.

So you are saying that the Background image is showing in the Livetile & not Albumart.. Is it so.. Can u confirm that..
Yup.. XboxMusic is nt available in India

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So you are saying that the Background image is showing in the Livetile & not Albumart.. Is it so.. Can u confirm that..
Yup.. XboxMusic is nt available in India

I don't remember the way it was back in WP 7, when we still had Zune, but it's definitely that way in WP 8.0, before Music became a regular app. And for me the new app is showing the background image now with the new live tile, definitely not the album art.

deebee_433

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
DKp1977 is correct. As far as I know, and as far as I can remember, the Live tile has always displayed a picture of the artist currently playing not the album. The only difference between the WP7 live tile and WP8 live tile is when no music is being played the image of the last played artist stays static in the WP7 version.

Last edited:

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
This sucks! There is a third party app- ModernMusic that beautifully renders live tile. RIP xbox music
Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

I was wondering about the same. Thanks for the tip!

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
If you all are wondering for the live tile to work with artist images,it wont. It will only work with the songs YOU BOUGHT IN XBM STORE!
**** why!!!

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 7 to 7.8: The artist image that appears on the music app's background also appears as the live tile and lock screen. The live tile remains live even when the music has stopped playing.

Windows Phone 8: The artist image that appears on the music app's background still appears as the live tile and lock screen. BUT, the live tile turns to a static green tile when the music stopped playing. A step back IMO.

Windows Phone 8.1: Artist image only shows up in the music app's background. Nothing is shown in the live tile and lock screen. Worse version ever.

Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1: Artist image still appears in the app's background. Lock screen doesn't show the artist image yet. Live tile regains artist images, but you get a different image from the one within the app background.

Try loading a music by Jesse McCartney, and you will see different images for the app background, wide tile, and medium tile. The medium tile shares the same image as the small tile.

PS, Xbox Music isn't available in my country either (Malaysia) and my Xbox Live ID belongs to Malaysia too. I just set my phone's region to United States and I can get the artist images.

Only the artist images are region restricted on the Music app on Windows 8.1.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you all are wondering for the live tile to work with artist images,it wont. It will only work with the songs YOU BOUGHT IN XBM STORE!
**** why!!!

That's nonsense. From ~500 songs on my device only a handful are purchased from the XBM store, yet most of them show a background image. It doesn't matter if you purchased them in the store or not, all that matters is that the song is listed in their catalogue, so it can pull the according data. If it's in their catalogue but still not showing up, check the ID3 tags of your songs, they're most likely messed up.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
That's nonsense. From ~500 songs on my device only a handful are purchased from the XBM store, yet most of them show a background image. It doesn't matter if you purchased them in the store or not, all that matters is that the song is listed in their catalogue, so it can pull the according data. If it's in their catalogue but still not showing up, check the ID3 tags of your songs, they're most likely messed up.

I don't know but its mostly working like this. I downloaded eminems album from the store and I played a song, the live with artist worked but the song of Akon which even had an at artist background in the app doesn't show in the live tile. So any help?

josh_ua

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
My Xbox music only shows one artist in the live tile though there are other artists that has pictures, but they're not showing up in my live tile. :/

Last edited:

sanchit19jain

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have never been able to get the artist image on the lock screen and it didn't show on the live tile too. My region is set to U.S so that's not a problem and my ID3 tags show the artist image. If someone could please help with this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99