10-29-2014 11:04 AM
41 12
tools
    And at last long waiting Xbox Music Update with Live Tile has arrived.
    (Need WP 8.1 OS Version 8.10.144.x or higher - Update 1)

But for me Live Tile is not working Properly. It just shows artist name in Live tile.. ( it was showing in Music+Video App in WP8)
    Album art is showing in the App, in the preferred box. But read in WPCentral that album art will seen all through the app. Iam not getting this one also..
    Does anybody faces the same issue.. Any Solution..?
    08-28-2014 03:29 AM
    And at last long waiting Xbox Music Update with Live Tile has arrived.
    (Need WP 8.1 OS Version 8.10.144.x or higher - Update 1)

But for me Live Tile is not working Properly. It just shows artist name in Live tile.. ( it was showing in Music+Video App in WP8)
    Album art is showing in the App, in the preferred box. But read in WPCentral that album art will seen all through the app. Iam not getting this one also..
    Does anybody faces the same issue.. Any Solution..?
    I thought it was supposed to do the same as in WP 8.By the way you are not alone.......
    08-28-2014 03:37 AM
    I believe it's not the album art that's displayed on the live tile, but the image that is shown in the background of the app while playing music. And for this to work properly, Xbox Music must be available in your region. As far as I know it's not available in India for example, hence the live tile is green and only showing artist and song title as animations, but lacking the image.
    Silviu Bogusevschi likes this.
    08-28-2014 03:43 AM
    I believe it's not the album art that's displayed on the live tile, but the image that is shown in the background of the app while playing music. And for this to work properly, Xbox Music must be available in your region. As far as I know it's not available in India for example, hence the live tile is green and only showing artist and song title as animations, but lacking the image.
    So you are saying that the Background image is showing in the Livetile & not Albumart.. Is it so.. Can u confirm that..
    Yup.. XboxMusic is nt available in India
    08-28-2014 03:55 AM
    So you are saying that the Background image is showing in the Livetile & not Albumart.. Is it so.. Can u confirm that..
    Yup.. XboxMusic is nt available in India
    I don't remember the way it was back in WP 7, when we still had Zune, but it's definitely that way in WP 8.0, before Music became a regular app. And for me the new app is showing the background image now with the new live tile, definitely not the album art.
    JithinPrasad likes this.
    08-28-2014 04:01 AM
    DKp1977 is correct. As far as I know, and as far as I can remember, the Live tile has always displayed a picture of the artist currently playing not the album. The only difference between the WP7 live tile and WP8 live tile is when no music is being played the image of the last played artist stays static in the WP7 version.
    Last edited by deebee_433; 09-01-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    08-28-2014 04:30 AM
    This sucks! There is a third party app- ModernMusic that beautifully renders live tile. RIP xbox music
    Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk
    JithinPrasad and Shawal Fizah like this.
    08-28-2014 04:44 AM
    I can't even get that on mine driving me crazy reset my phone and still no joy
    08-28-2014 06:20 AM
    I was wondering about the same. Thanks for the tip!
    08-28-2014 06:27 AM
    This sucks! There is a third party app- ModernMusic that beautifully renders live tile. RIP xbox music
    Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk
    Can u Share the Link Please
    08-28-2014 06:52 AM
    If you all are wondering for the live tile to work with artist images,it wont. It will only work with the songs YOU BOUGHT IN XBM STORE!
    **** why!!!
    08-28-2014 07:06 AM
    Windows Phone 7 to 7.8: The artist image that appears on the music app's background also appears as the live tile and lock screen. The live tile remains live even when the music has stopped playing.

Windows Phone 8: The artist image that appears on the music app's background still appears as the live tile and lock screen. BUT, the live tile turns to a static green tile when the music stopped playing. A step back IMO.

Windows Phone 8.1: Artist image only shows up in the music app's background. Nothing is shown in the live tile and lock screen. Worse version ever.

Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1: Artist image still appears in the app's background. Lock screen doesn't show the artist image yet. Live tile regains artist images, but you get a different image from the one within the app background.

Try loading a music by Jesse McCartney, and you will see different images for the app background, wide tile, and medium tile. The medium tile shares the same image as the small tile.

PS, Xbox Music isn't available in my country either (Malaysia) and my Xbox Live ID belongs to Malaysia too. I just set my phone's region to United States and I can get the artist images.

Only the artist images are region restricted on the Music app on Windows 8.1.
    admatt and chenhogi like this.
    08-28-2014 07:21 AM
    Can u Share the Link Please
    Here it is :-)
    ModernMusic | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
    08-28-2014 07:30 AM
    If you all are wondering for the live tile to work with artist images,it wont. It will only work with the songs YOU BOUGHT IN XBM STORE!
    **** why!!!
    leave XBM and use this if you want live tile with artist image:
    ModernMusic | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
    08-28-2014 07:31 AM
    **** why!!!
    That's nonsense. From ~500 songs on my device only a handful are purchased from the XBM store, yet most of them show a background image. It doesn't matter if you purchased them in the store or not, all that matters is that the song is listed in their catalogue, so it can pull the according data. If it's in their catalogue but still not showing up, check the ID3 tags of your songs, they're most likely messed up.
    DaddyG73 and mikeycl like this.
    08-28-2014 07:43 AM
    That's nonsense. From ~500 songs on my device only a handful are purchased from the XBM store, yet most of them show a background image. It doesn't matter if you purchased them in the store or not, all that matters is that the song is listed in their catalogue, so it can pull the according data. If it's in their catalogue but still not showing up, check the ID3 tags of your songs, they're most likely messed up.
    I don't know but its mostly working like this. I downloaded eminems album from the store and I played a song, the live with artist worked but the song of Akon which even had an at artist background in the app doesn't show in the live tile. So any help?
    08-28-2014 09:55 AM
    My Xbox music only shows one artist in the live tile though there are other artists that has pictures, but they're not showing up in my live tile. :/
    Last edited by josh_ua; 09-16-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    08-28-2014 09:58 AM
    I have never been able to get the artist image on the lock screen and it didn't show on the live tile too. My region is set to U.S so that's not a problem and my ID3 tags show the artist image. If someone could please help with this.
    08-28-2014 10:09 AM
    Not working for me either, one more crap update from Xbox Music team. Sometimes I don't know why I bother with Windows phone
    08-28-2014 10:09 AM
    The tile only shows pictures if you bought the music from Xbox music. That's how it worked in 8.0
    08-28-2014 10:10 AM
    The tile only shows pictures if you bought the music from Xbox music. That's how it worked in 8.0
    No.i can assure you that when I was in 8.0,the artist image used to work properly whether the song was bought from the xbm store or it was downloaded from other sites(MP3 skull etc.). But now it doesn't...
    asturides and admatt like this.
    08-28-2014 10:27 AM
    Um, horses**t. I downloaded Rise Against's new album yesterday and the album isn't working.

-----------

In addition, my album art keeps not wanting to update for the next album. I'm disappointed with the update.
    admatt likes this.
    08-28-2014 10:29 AM
    First the Store live tile doesn't work outside US region, and now Xbox Music. I wonder why that is. Oh yea, **** you, Micro****.

As has been stated earlier in this thread, ModernMusic is way better. I am a participant in the beta version of that app and let me tell you that the developer is extremely responsive. He is just one guy and he's made this wonderful app which takes care if the music needs in a far better manner than XBM. So yeah, **** MSFT and support him. He deserves it.
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    08-28-2014 10:40 AM

I've already explained this a couple of posts above. That's nonsense.
    08-28-2014 10:44 AM
    First the Store live tile doesn't work outside US region, and now Xbox Music. I wonder why that is. Oh yea, **** you, Micro****.

As has been stated earlier in this thread, ModernMusic is way better. I am a participant in the beta version of that app and let me tell you that the developer is extremely responsive. He is just one guy and he's made this wonderful app which takes care if the music needs in a far better manner than XBM. So yeah, **** MSFT and support him. He deserves it.

It DOES work outside the US. Not everywhere though. I'm in Germany and it's working perfectly fine.
    08-28-2014 10:45 AM
41 12