Hi all,

I'm using a lumia 1320 which is supposed to have one of the best battery in wp. Last night, i went home with 10% battery, so i got it charged a few hours to 100%. Then i unplugged and went to sleep, on my dream i heard the sound 'Battery saver' and woke up in the morning and i can't believe my phone has 0% battery. Terrible to say, not to mention that after updating to gdr1, my phone just got hot strangely a few times to the degree that i was afraid it could burn me so i had to turn it off even though i wasn't using it.

i have Cortana, wifi on all the time and on wp8.1 it used to run ok.

Anyone here has the same problem ?
    Ryan ODonnell likes this.
    08-28-2014 09:27 PM
    Same problem, Lumia 630, WP8.1 Update 1 :(
    08-28-2014 09:35 PM
    Did you have Cyan installed as well? Try to empty totally the battery, to the point of dying and them connect the power cord. The battery may need calibration.
    08-28-2014 09:36 PM
    Fairly common problem after updates. Soft reset and/or drain battery until phone shuts down, as maclancer suggested. It should clear up.
    08-28-2014 09:41 PM
    are you getting any heat issues? I still run into random heat issues which were caused by the music played and my memory card
    08-28-2014 09:42 PM
    My phone heats up when I use MyTube, but doesn't get too hot to hold. YouTube HD and Vevo don't heat it up nearly as much, although it does warm a bit with them. I think it also heats up with Here Drive +, but I'm not usually holding it while using that.
    08-28-2014 10:49 PM
    My phone heats up when I use MyTube, but doesn't get too hot to hold. YouTube HD and Vevo don't heat it up nearly as much, although it does warm a bit with them. I think it also heats up with Here Drive +, but I'm not usually holding it while using that.
    That's quite normal, specially if you are viewing HD videos.
    08-29-2014 01:38 AM
    Yep, had it with my 810 for a bit till I did the following:
    Fully charge the phone
    Open EVERY app on your phone (make sure you go through the setup process if needed per app, including allow to run in background if it has that option)
    After you have gone through every app and made sure it has run once, soft reset/pull battery

After that, battery life has improved tremendously. Even better than WP8.0 ever was.
    08-29-2014 10:48 AM
    How to soft reset my phone.....plz help my battery is draining quickly
    08-29-2014 11:33 AM
    Hold volume down and power buttons until phone restarts and Nokia logo appears. Do NOT do the slide down to power off.
    08-29-2014 12:01 PM
    Did you have Cyan installed as well? Try to empty totally the battery, to the point of dying and them connect the power cord. The battery may need calibration.
    This is not good for the health of the battery. Lithium Ion batteries do not like being run down.
    JamesPTao likes this.
    08-29-2014 02:17 PM
    That's a good way to damage the battery. Never fully drain a lithium battery!
    08-29-2014 02:32 PM
    That's a good way to damage the battery. Never fully drain a lithium battery!
    Frequent full discharge cycles reduce battery life in lithium-ion batteries. However, occasional full discharges are necessary for battery capacity calibration. See Battery Calibration – Battery University.
    Muessig, BatteryLife and Dazzi like this.
    08-29-2014 04:38 PM
    I had the same problem. When I was done with the updates (I had to revert to 8.0 because of inability to update from DP 8.1 to Cyan) all the way up to Cyan and GDR1, I noticed that many apps were enabled again to run in background. I had to go to the Battery Saver app and disable all but few apps. Then my battery life went to normal, and even better life than before Cyan/GDR1. Please verify that.
    09-01-2014 11:49 AM
    This is not good for the health of the battery. Lithium Ion batteries do not like being run down.
    I did this yesterday and found that my phone shut down when the battery is at 3.6v. Long before the battery is complete drain did the phone shut down, Microsoft surely knows how to protect battery.
    09-01-2014 11:20 PM
    I have a lumia 920 and since 8.1 GDR1 battery is drainig much faster. Checked apps allowed running on backgroup and are set as before.
    Device is running hot and it looks like to me that is the mobile data. When at home on wifi, battery life is pretty normal and device is not running hot.
    09-02-2014 01:26 AM
    I have a 1520 and I am also facing the same problem. earlier my device used to work for about a day and a half after full charge but now it doesn't even stay charged for a day. Also if I am watching some videos or playing games, even at 40 % battery level, the phone says low battery and immediately turns off. After that I can easily turn on my phone and see that the battery was indeed somewhere around 40%.I have done soft reset 1-2 times but still no effect!
    09-04-2014 04:02 PM
    I have a 1520 and I am also facing the same problem. earlier my device used to work for about a day and a half after full charge but now it doesn't even stay charged for a day. Also if I am watching some videos or playing games, even at 40 % battery level, the phone says low battery and immediately turns off. After that I can easily turn on my phone and see that the battery was indeed somewhere around 40%.I have done soft reset 1-2 times but still no effect!
    Sounds like your battery calibration may be off. The way to fix this is to run the battery down to 0 and let the phone shut itself down. Wait a bit, then put it on the charger for a full charge to 100%. It may or may not help with the discharge rate, but it will make sure the battery percentage showing is correct.

Doing this frequently will shorten your battery life, but lithium ion batteries do need this once in a while to properly calibrate, especially if they're showing issues like yours is doing.
    09-04-2014 05:16 PM
    No battery drain problem with my ativ s...
    09-04-2014 05:36 PM