Xbox Music keeps trying to stream my music!

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey all! So basically after the latest update to Xbox Music, (I am running 8.1 GDR1 with cyan. The latest build on developer preview on my 920) I go to play my music and I notice an icon I never had before. The symbol beside the name of the song, to represent that my phone is trying to stream my music. No biggie, I go into the settings, turn the feature off and it will sometimes then just play locally off my phone but sometimes just stream music anyways. Any time I play my music I hit shuffle, it will find a song, ill skip it and it will go to the same song but stream it. Then find a different song, then I skip, then try to stream the same one again.

Man what a mess!

Then after I completely exit the app and go to use it again later the setting for streaming is turned back on!!! There's no way around it.

What a horribly annoying bug. Just wanna know if anyone else is experiencing this. Just started happening with the update that was made available last night. (and yes I know this app I in pretty much beta and I'm cool with that :p just addressing the issue)

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I too had this issue on my L920. It would play the same track from an album when the initial shuffle play started and listening via Bluetooth in my car. All my music was from XBM. I had to completely delete all the music off my phone and everything off my cloud collection. I think that worked, but I also recently reinstalled my OS via NSRT so can't remember if it was that that git it working as it all should. Now when I delete a song, they stay deleted.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I too had this issue on my L920. It would play the same track from an album when the initial shuffle play started and listening via Bluetooth in my car. All my music was from XBM. I had to completely delete all the music off my phone and everything off my cloud collection. I think that worked, but I also recently reinstalled my OS via NSRT so can't remember if it was that that git it working as it all should. Now when I delete a song, they stay deleted.

Yeah, the weird thing is I just reinstall my phone with the recovery tool so I could get cyan, however I opened up my music app again and now its working properly! Hopefully it stays that way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea