[Opinion] Worst features\issues with WP 8.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenzef

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Lagging, hanging, freezing, and battery life.
I went back to WP8 w/ Black, and non of that nonsense happens.
How did you manage to revert to WP8.0?
I tried with Nokia Updater for Retail version 4.3.2 but the only software version I can install is the same which is already installed (3058.50000.1425.0002)
Do I miss something?

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Quiet hours is an option in Cortana, but it's also an app in the store.

Quiet hours doesnt even do what it say, make your phone quiet for hours. Instead it should be renamed to Rejection hours.
All i want is my phone to turn silent when i am at work. is that too much to ask for?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Quiet hours doesnt even do what it say, make your phone quiet for hours. Instead it should be renamed to Rejection hours.
All i want is my phone to turn silent when i am at work. is that too much to ask for?
Doesn't your phone have volume buttons? Tapping the volume down key a couple of times puts my phone into vibrate only mode.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by this. Quiet hours does what the title says. I use it everyday for when I sleep and I am not disturbed by calls or text messages unless they break through/inner circle. Are you sure you have the right settings selected for quiet hours? Quiet hours isn't for controlling when your phone turns silent or anything like that, its more so to manage communication with others and to minimize disturbances.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Some things I truly hate:

-the new cursor sucks like mentioned before
-the dialer hidden underneath call history app. You should be able to pin the dialer to startscreen Jesus Christ it is a phone and this dialer is hidden!!
- that I can't remove games app and other stuff I don't use
- settings have no logical order
- copy and pasting sucks. It always forgets what is in the clipboard after a while
- inconsistent notification layout for different apps. Skype users two lines and WhatsApp shows all on one line
- agenda showing am/pm while I've set 24h format :/
- agenda showing only one item on the tile
- SMS confirmation shows number and not contact name
- the too small spacebar on keyboard
- resuming
- no alarm time to be seen on lock screen when I've set an alarm:(
- not getting notifications from system app updates like display and glance
- no data toggle, no 2g/3g/4g toggle and many more missing toggles
- too few notification icons allowed on lockscreen
- no app list sorting like in w8.1
- max amount of members in groups is ridiculous, you can only make tiny groups. Should be unlimited. Now I must make companies1 companies2 companies3 ******* dumb
- no way to grab the scroll block and scroll faster
- no way to set wifi priorities
- time sync over internet doesn't work
- backup is unreliable, never managed to get my strartscreen back
- no IRC app that can run in the background, probably a missing api
- and a whole lot more

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
As said before, hubs. I don't even use Games hub anymore, it just sucks, waaay slower compared to WP8 and it doesn't show the Xbox avatar on the live tile anymore. All games showing on the app list is a bummer too. Also I think the text editing cursor was easier to use on WP8. And I don't like how they made theme colors bland, especially Cobalt and Red too. I really enjoyed all the improvements of W8.1, but I just don't undersantd these step backs.

Only cobalt was changed. Red is still the same. I find it funny that instead of giving us new accent colors they ruin one of the most popular ones. Cobalt is supposed to be blue, not purple. We already have a purple.

Other things that keep me from loving WP 8.1:

games in the app list (i thought it was a bug when I first installed the 8.1 dp)
the stylistically dumbed down people, photo and games apps
music, video and games apps are no longer system apps that open instantly
the system tray no longer auto-hides after a few seconds (idiots actually complained about this)
removal of the text editing cursor which you can place anywhere
removal of the pinch out carousel effect in the pictures gallery
the pictures gallery no longer shows you the duration of video clips in thumbnail view
screenshot short cut is now power+volumeup to accommodate cheap phones (why can't it be both?)
different sounding chime when charging (no way to change this)
app list index letters no longer only appear after you install a certain amount of apps, they're just there from the start
the scrolling of the start screen isn't as springy as it was in 8.0

Sometimes I wish I could go back to 8.0 but include the action center, Cortana, and a few other things.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So I guess all of you will be starting a "Make me stay with Windows Phone" thread soon. I truly can't believe the amount of whining that goes on in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss