I got Denim

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
What's interesting is that, you don't have Denim (the FW version is Cyan, that's clear), BUT you obviously received GDR1. It would confirm that Microsoft will roll GDR1 out before Denim (or independantly).
Good news: I own a 1020 and don't expect much from Denim on my "old" device; GDR1 will be the major change for my 1020 (and you 925 BTW).

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Denim LEVI'S ? Nice !

I got rhythm ( I'm so very white...) if you can believe that...white men can jump*, and you DO have Denim. :winktongue:

*A take on the movie "White Men Can't Jump" .

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
No, you read wrong ;) I got three system updates published on one day (followed by several app updates).
Now it reads Lumia Denim everytime I open up Extras + Infos.
Screenshots:

View attachment 85009 View attachment 85010

Edit:
View attachment 85013

Wait. I think he really have Denim. If you are running Cyan, it would show Windows Phone 8.1. If you are on GDR1 it shows Windows Phone 8.1 Update . ( I have it on PfD on my 920, so I know). Either he really got it or what, I don't know. But anyway, enjoy !

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Confirm as in its already been done for the 930
What's interesting is that, you don't have Denim (the FW version is Cyan, that's clear), BUT you obviously received GDR1. It would confirm that Microsoft will roll GDR1 out before Denim (or independantly).
Good news: I own a 1020 and don't expect much from Denim on my "old" device; GDR1 will be the major change for my 1020 (and you 925 BTW).

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
O2 got denim in the UK alright !! with there priority app you get 25% of dark denim jackets and jeans from some clothing house I never heard tell of . (I'm now of to find the forum with the O2 official update 1). The good folk there, were told denim was coming soon. Poor bastards

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
could him got denim , and i tell this because O2 is this operator Movistar Spain owned and Movistar Spain have an partnership with Nokia so they gets the whole phone variety of nokia and also they are the first in release updates, i even am feel some envy because my operatopr where my phone was originally from Claro Chile stinks when have to update the lumia always of the last and always Movistar is the first one in do it so would not surprise me that him got denim first than the rest.

Der_Phoenix

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Today (or yesterday?), according to the posts on WindowsCentral, my phone (L925, o2 Germany) officially got Denim. But: No update in sight for me.
So either they got wrong information or I was right telling you I got Denim the first time.
The ironic part is: I hoped it wasn't Denim as I had some issues and hoped for them to be solved with the Denim update... Like a much worse resume behavior in every app (they are more often restarted than resumed) and annoying hick-ups while using SportsTracker: In nearly every run, the tracking is interrupted for 5-20 minutes after about 30-45 minutes. Any ideas for solving?

dram30

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey I have the exact same thing on my Hong Kong variant Lumia 1520 and I'm in Canada. My Extras + Info report Denim but my firmware level is easily just Cyan. Kinda blows... I got excited and tried repeatedly to get the new Lumia Camera, but couldn't. Also "Hey Cortana" doesn't work. So this clearly a bug.

Only concern is will my phone not try and update to actually because it thinks it already has it? Or will it update based on firmware number? Anybody go thru anything like this?

Der_Phoenix

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I don't think it's a bug. Every sign points in the opposite direction. I also got a notification yesterday via Extras & Infos welcoming me to Lumia Denim (again: Without any update). I think they delivered Denim (surprisingly) as promised together with Cyan some time ago and waited until now to make it official to avoid any bad news about early "unfair" distribution to only one carrier. But maybe they only renamed the Cyan firmware to Denim as Denim doesn't bring anything new to the L925 and it doesn't make any difference. Again: This is all speculative but based on some official (and for me some obvious because directly observable) facts like news reports and the official Denim update availability list by Microsoft (and for me the data displayed on my phone and the update history and behavior).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion