Official Lumia Denim update bugs

anon(9226130)

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I am updated my Lumia 520 to Lumia Denim (Official) and I found 3 bugs.

1st bug:
When I open the Notification Bar the new Cellular Data button is sometimes shows the connection is on.
Picture of the normal working.
Cell data 1.png

And when the button is "buggy".
Lumia Denim Bug 2.png

2nd bug:
The Battery Saver Icon after 60% and upper 30% doesn't shows the corretc number.
Lumia Denim Bug 1.png

3rd bug:
In the Denim Update Cortana has talking faster. (She's talking very faster. I don't know why.)

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I found that the IE needs much more battery than before. My 930 now with similar usage barely makes through the day, at the end only with battery safer.

Svennings

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
After update my phone is cold dead with 0% battery after resting on the wireless charger night over. The same thing happened with my 920 after one of the updates early 2014.

veved

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
No Cellular data option in Quick Settings - Lumia 720

In my phone there's no option for cellular toggle under quick setting... Is it normal? I'm on Lumia Denim update in Lumia 720

rapidscout

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I have several bugs I've found on my Lumia 822:
1. I can no longer install apps/update apps. They all stick on "pending". Stilly trying to see if any are getting through with the Auto-Update.
2. Charging icon flashes randomly like the phone is charging when it is not.
3. Certain apps don't work: Converge and Data Sense.

I've tried soft resetting the phone, removing pending downloads, and changing settings so far no change.

Joaquim Reis

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone is having network problems?
Since i updated to denim, sometimes i stop receiving SMS and PhoneCalls (when people try to call me, its like my phone is turned off when its, in fact, turned on) :\

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
The problem with the notification bar showing the Cellular Data connection is on happens on my L1520 too. Sometimes twice a day.
It seems like something is turning it on automatically. I dont know what kind of data is transmitted but data sense shows about 1 MB of usage after 2 weeks.
I have not turned it on manually, so this is strange. It feels like big brother is checking my phone.

bajajchirag123

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: No Cellular data option in Quick Settings - Lumia 720

In my phone there's no option for cellular toggle under quick setting... Is it normal? I'm on Lumia Denim update in Lumia 720

If you r on denim still u need to get the update 8.10.14234.375 check this in the setting option under "about phone " n tap "more info" if you r not having this update then wait for that update come to your device after that update only you will get that mobile data toggle feature in notification centre

John Jolley

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
This is my experience after updating to Lumia Denim on 520. I am in Australia. I checked 'About'. It is 8.10.14234.375.
HERE Drive+ would not start, the splash screen would show for a second, then it would return to the main screen. HERE MAPS still worked though.
I had updated maps on HERE MAPS. I solved this by uninstalling, then reinstalling HERE Drive+, which appears to be working okay now.

The other problem was that 'Extras+Info' would also not work. It would attempt to start for a second then return to the 'system settings'.
I looked into this on the internet. I came across comments that changes to language settings may have caused this.
With Denim, Cortana was showing in the apps area. It would not show with Cyan, but if I changed the region to United States, then it would work. I eventually just left my region as Australia.

This is what I discovered now with Denim. Firstly, I did this before discovering the problem with 'extras+info'. Cortana would say something like, 'I cannot speak your language' or words to that effect. I found something somewhere that you had to put English (UK) as a language to get Cortana to speak. So under languages, I added English(United Kingdom). I moved English(Australia) to the top. Under 'languages' you can add languages and have a list, I had a list of three languages with English(Australia) first, then English(United Kingdom), then English(United States). Plus I had to set the 'speech' language to English(United Kingdom). Now Cortana worked after restarting.

So secondly, after this, I tried 'Extras+Info' which would not work. Then I found on the internet the above about language settings affecting it.
So under 'languages' I changed to English (United Kingdom) at the top of the list. Under 'region' I have Australia, and 'match to phone language', which now matches with English(United Kingdom), so currency shows as pounds. Now after restarting, 'Extras+Info' works. The offender is putting 'Engish(Australia)' as a top option, either under region, *or* under languages at the top of the list instead of further down.

So I think Cortana and its issues should be made much clearer and worked out. And there is definitely a bug here around 'extras+info'. I have no idea what happened with HERE Drive+. Plus there is very much a feeling that anyone is on their own with problems.

Just to add something else I did before discovering the 'Extras+Info' problem above. For a lark I tried to add English(India) to the list of languages, to see what that might do with Cortana. This caused a system update which informed that some type of language ability had been installed. Cortana would not work at all with English(India). I don't believe this was a factor in the problems. I think it is the language settings in all their variations. But I put this in, in case it matters to anyone.

I did this edit because I detailed problems with AccuWeather before. Some hours later I tried the AccuWeather app again and it is working, and has continued to work since then. I had sent a message to their email address about it. Possibly the problem was fixed, which was likely an issue with the internet connection.

Last edited:

karan25i

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm on denim on Lumia 630ds(8.10.14234.375)i came to it by Lumia software recovery from win 10tp build1.i want to disable the sound that comes when i type on keyboard.and also the sound that occurs when i unlock my phone by swiping up the lock screen.any one here have th same or is it me only.how to stop these sounds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention