Saving files from email. What can I save?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that I can save Word and Excel files to my phone, but not Pdf files. Now what files can I actually save to my phone, why can't I save PDF files? Trying to understand the logic...or absence of logic.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that I can save Word and Excel files to my phone, but not Pdf files. Now what files can I actually save to my phone, why can't I save PDF files? Trying to understand the logic...or absence of logic.

That's strange; I could save .pdf files into my phone from email attachments without problems. Make sure that you have an app that can read .pdf files installed on your phone. I personally prefer Adobe Reader, out of habit.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

The best way to save a PDF from an email is to use the phones browser. Open outlook.com, sign in and select the email. Then tap on the PDF attachment and it should then give you the option to download it to your phone.

I have no idea how gpobernardo saves it through Reader. Hopefully he can let us know. I have been trying to save pdf attachments for two years and that's the easiest way I have found.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The best way to save a PDF from an email is to use the phones browser. Open outlook.com, sign in and select the email. Then tap on the PDF attachment and it should then give you the option to download it to your phone.

I have no idea how gpobernardo saves it through Reader. Hopefully he can let us know. I have been trying to save pdf attachments for two years and that's the easiest way I have found.

Clarification: I don't save .pdf attachments through Reader. However, having Reader installed might add the ".pdf" file format to the list of files that the phone will actually download.

Here's what I do:
1. Open my Email account (one of those set up in email + accounts). No need for phone browser.
2. Open email that contains attachment (.pdf in this case).
3. Tap on the blank sheet of paper icon; download begins as a result; blank sheet of paper becomes the familiar Adobe Reader file icon.
4. Tap on the attachment again to open the file; this launches Reader.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Clarification: I don't save .pdf attachments through Reader. However, having Reader installed might add the ".pdf" file format to the list of files that the phone will actually download.

Here's what I do:
1. Open my Email account (one of those set up in email + accounts). No need for phone browser.
2. Open email that contains attachment (.pdf in this case).
3. Tap on the blank sheet of paper icon; download begins as a result; blank sheet of paper becomes the familiar Adobe Reader file icon.
4. Tap on the attachment again to open the file; this launches Reader.

Using this method does not actually save the file to your phone. It only opens it from the email so you can read it. My method actually saves the file to the phone.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Using this method does not actually save the file to your phone. It only opens it from the email so you can read it. My method actually saves the file to the phone.

At this point, there would be some ambiguity (on WP's part) because why would it say "download" if it doesn't mean that it would be downloaded to the device? And after this "download" process I could access the file even if I'm offline (which means it has to be saved somewhere in my phone). On the other side of the ambiguity, the file that was downloaded in this manner won't be found in the Downloads folder (where it should be if it was downloaded).

Nonetheless, this is what I use. Whichever works works. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro