Push Notification Issue on GDR2 Update (All Windows Mobile devices)

Joko Soemitro

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I just upgrade my windows phone from Lumia 535 to 640. Recently i just find out that WM8.1 has push notification issue. Just now i try to just use Wifi without turn on the data connection. No push notification happen and i check setting like battery saver are off and backgroud activity are on. I try it several times and there is no effect.

The i try to just use Data Connection (SIM card data) without turning on the Wifi. The push notification works perfectly. Whatsapp, FB Messenger and Skype got it.

Its seems that the OS has bug itself on Wifi or Push Server on microsoft still error. Hopefully Microsoft could solve this problem because its very annoying when you want to use this phone and you got many bugs.

Anyway Correct Me If I Wrong guys. :wink:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I just upgrade my windows phone from Lumia 535 to 640. Recently i just find out that WM8.1 has push notification issue. Just now i try to just use Wifi without turn on the data connection. No push notification happen and i check setting like battery saver are off and backgroud activity are on. I try it several times and there is no effect.

The i try to just use Data Connection (SIM card data) without turning on the Wifi. The push notification works perfectly. Whatsapp, FB Messenger and Skype got it.

Its seems that the OS has bug itself on Wifi or Push Server on microsoft still error. Hopefully Microsoft could solve this problem because its very annoying when you want to use this phone and you got many bugs.

Anyway Correct Me If I Wrong guys. :wink:

Have you tried hard resetting Settings.. About.. Reset my phone and start from a fresh install this may help with the bug.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem since WP 8.0 days. It was the reason WhatsApp was removed from the store once if i remember correctly... It happens a lot less now though. Anyone knows how it is on W10?

Joko Soemitro

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,

I have do several test on this issue. this is the full explaination.

First i do soft reset.
Then i try to use cellular data only. It's works perfectly.
Then i continue to open Wifi with cellular data still on. Push notification doesn't work.
Then i try wifi only without cellular data. Push notification not working for all apps.

Second i do hard reset with Recovery tools.
Then i try to use cellular data only. It's works perfectly.
Then i continue to open Wifi with cellular data still on. Push notification doesn't work.
Then i try wifi only without cellular data. Push notification not working for all apps.

This result make me assuming that this is software issue. Wifi working because i can browse through IE and when i use app it can update.

If anyone have their own opinion, please share it here. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss