The disgraceful select Photos issue (VIDEO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You're going to have to live with this:

- Current Photo app cannot be updated without OS update
- There are no more WP8.1 OS feature updates after GDR2. Focus is WM10
- In WM10 this photo app does not exist. Photo app is entirely different Universal App
- Therefore you'll get to enjoy the new Photo app and its oddities afresh
- At least that can be updated much quicker to address issues like this

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the OP is seeking validation {cough} views "{cough} that his / her experience is either normal or not (just giving the OP the benefit of a doubt).

Yes, I haven't watched the video as I would rather spend my time re-listening to the audio book - The Martian by Andy Weir and not some rant about a minuscle delay (yes, miniscule) :wink:.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You said this issue has been around since Dev Preview. Which my 830 has. And it doesn't do this despite having many photos.

Instant selection.

Are you sure you don't have a cheap SD card slowing down photo access or something?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Quite the discussion...
I guess I can understand the complaint if using a phone for work or some intense photographic pastime.

I'm happy overall with the camera features and performance on the 640 as a longtime photo hobbiest.
To me cameras on phones are a useful convenience more than anything.

I hope the OP can find resolution from Microsoft or on a differing platform.

Posted from the ZenFone2 via the WC app for Android

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think the lag OP is experiencing might be caused by the amount of pictures he has.. If you really feel that this is a bug and should be squashed, head over to uservoice and add it :) if enough people upvote it, it will get noticed.

All in all I agree with everyone here, a 3 second wait isn't enough to cause anyone discomfort, but to each his own.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The lag might be if you are trying to select pictures from your old devices that are in OneDrive. On local storage, I have over 2K pictures and there is absolutely no issues selecting an older picture...I snap about 20-30 pictures per day sometimes more....

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
You said this issue has been around since Dev Preview. Which my 830 has. And it doesn't do this despite having many photos.

Instant selection.

Are you sure you don't have a cheap SD card slowing down photo access or something?

My thoughts exactly, in my Phone selecting the pictures is also instantaneous, no lag whatsoever..

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Instant selection.

I know.... But i have a 64gb Sandisk ULTRA card and it's never been a problem at all. Anyhow, i think that it might be some other strange issue with the regions or something cause i just tried doing it US style on a Lumia 735 coming back from WP 10 back to 8.1 GDR2 and it works instantly with 4gb of photos.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If i didn't have this on top of the already posted problem, it would be even better. Anyone else got this one? Again, i've personally experienced it on 735, 830,1520 and 640. Again the keyword is inconsistency.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Jesus.

I have a deformed back, bunions, a bulimic cat, and a job I dislike. I hadn't had a car my entire life until last month, I ran out of my medication, and I'm broke after paying my bills. Yet for all of these things put together I don't have half the resentment you harbor for a three second wait to select photos on your mobile device.

I did find your rant amusing. I'll give you that.

Sounds like you might be fed up with Windows Phone. Time to switch to Android, or iPhone, perhaps?

Edited to add that neither my 830 or my boyfriend's 830 do this. It's immediate. All photos selected in less than half a second.

Everybody's got problems. Just because i'm on this doesn't mean my life is perfect. ;)

I did say in the beginning that i was kinda bitchy about it. But yes you are absolutely right. I'm starting to fear after having owned every single Nokia Windows Phone and now seeing the dev on WP10 turning Android style with hamburgers (leaving everything behind that Apple and Android now has picked up), you might be right........ I'm fearing that actually.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Everybody's got problems. Just because i'm on this doesn't mean my life is perfect. ;)

I did say in the beginning that i was kinda bitchy about it. But yes you are absolutely right. I'm starting to fear after having owned every single Nokia Windows Phone and now seeing the dev on WP10 turning Android style with hamburgers (leaving everything behind that Apple and Android now has picked up), you might be right........ I'm fearing that actually.

Seriously...you need to dump Windows Phone if it's causing that much pain. It's just a phone. Not worth all of that angst you seem to be experiencing.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If i didn't have this on top of the already posted problem, it would be even better. Anyone else got this one? Again, i've personally experienced it on 735, 830,1520 and 640. Again the keyword is inconsistency.

[video]https://youtu.be/bTvGt86c7O0[/url]

In the last die hard movie, Mcclain's son asks him if he's always at the wrong place at the wrong time or if trouble just goes out looking for him :p In think that might be the case with your phones lol

Joking aside, did you try hard resetting the phones (button combo)? you can restore an old backup, but if the issue is still there, a clean start would be the best

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Kind of what I was thinking.
Why beat oneself over the head with something that isn't working out.

I totally get what you mean and yeah it is just a phone. But again, let me just point out that these issues were never on any of the previous models. Yes! I will revert back ofcourse. But i am also trying to say that it is not oki, especially not considering the shape that WP is in. I know it's all about W10M now, but.... it's just sad. I do remember these ads:

And when you could do all these fancy things with you integrated features without apps to beat other OS'
All of these things are gone now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjGe53zw6w

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I understand what you're saying mate :) however I'm with the others on this one, try another platform for a bit and come back when w10 is officially ready..

If you're feeling adventurous, you could always try w10m insider previews? :D since you already have a few issues, you'll feel right at home hehe

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you're saying mate :) however I'm with the others on this one, try another platform for a bit and come back when w10 is officially ready..

If you're feeling adventurous, you could always try w10m insider previews? :D since you already have a few issues, you'll feel right at home hehe

He he ;)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Keep us posted about your adventures and consider opening a channel to tell the world what's wrong with all phones (not just wp lol)

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Actually, trying the new W10 is not such a bad idea. If you hate it, just use the recovery tool and roll back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05