**List of phones that has Windows phone 8.1 Update 2 (officially)**

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi fellow Windows Phone users. Can I ask that you put your phone model into this forum if you have gotten Windows phone 8.1 update 2 without the Windows insider or reg edit hack, I'm trying to get an accurate picture of what devices have officially received the update.

Thanks.
?ire

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Off the top of my head:

All Lumia 640 and 640 XL's
Some Lumia 830 and 730's (not sure on the latter)
AT&T Lumia 635 (post-paid only, oddly enough)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
AT&T Lumia 635 (post-paid only, oddly enough)
Is there a different RM number for the post-paid? I highly doubt that but want to remove that as a factor.

If the phone has been unlocked and moved to another carrier, is it treated as post-paid or as what it was at the time it left AT&T? I would find it hard to believe AT&T will update phones that moved to another carrier but not if they stay on AT&T.

If carriers can or do stop updates to unlocked phones that have moved to other carriers or are between carriers, that is a HUGE issue. It reduces the values of those phones not to mention moderators and columnists need to go back and edit the hundreds of times they told people they will get updates from the original carrier if they buy an unlocked phone or take their phone somewhere else.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Is there a different RM number for the post-paid? I highly doubt that but want to remove that as a factor.

If the phone has been unlocked and moved to another carrier, is it treated as post-paid or as what it was at the time it left AT&T? I would find it hard to believe AT&T will update phones that moved to another carrier but not if they stay on AT&T.

If carriers can or do stop updates to unlocked phones that have moved to other carriers or are between carriers, that is a HUGE issue. It reduces the values of those phones not to mention moderators and columnists need to go back and edit the hundreds of times they told people they will get updates from the original carrier if they buy an unlocked phone or take their phone somewhere else.

Post paid has a different sku and only that sku got the update to Denim and U2. I flashed a prepaid with the post paid rom I got from Navifirm and it works fine.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Post paid has a different sku and only that sku got the update to Denim and U2. I flashed a prepaid with the post paid rom I got from Navifirm and it works fine.
Thanks. Can you confirm the RM number is the same? I assume it is. Do you know how a buyer finds out the AT&T SKU of a used 635?

I'm not a fan of carrier phones. If a carrier has accidentally opened a can of worms, I wouldn't mind tipping it over.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Can you confirm the RM number is the same? I assume it is. Do you know how a buyer finds out the AT&T SKU of a used 635?

I'm not a fan of carrier phones. If a carrier has accidentally opened a can of worms, I wouldn't mind tipping it over.

Pretty sure the RM is the same, If you buy a used one and want U2 just flash it with the navifirm rom.

059W380

RM975_02173.00000.15154.50010_RETAIL_prod_signed_1035_021471_ATT-US.ffu

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi fellow Windows Phone users. Can I ask that you put your phone model into this forum if you have gotten Windows phone 8.1 update 2 without the Windows insider or reg edit hack, I'm trying to get an accurate picture of what devices have officially received the update.

Thanks.

?ire

You want World Wide ? that's a lot of different phones, Germany, France, Portugal, Poland, UK, India et al. Can I ask what are you gonna do with this info ?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You want World Wide ? that's a lot of different phones, Germany, France, Portugal, Poland, UK, India et al. Can I ask what are you gonna do with this info ?

Yes all I'm looking for is Lumia XXX I don't want to know about countries, carriers etc. I just want to see what lumias have officially gotten update 2, as there is no list of models that I can find, just thought it be nice to have a thread on here if people wanted to know if they can get the update on their device. Some people are doing hacks and reg edits some bricking their phones when they don't need to to do so if their device is capable of getting the update as normal OTA. The information is staying here. I'm not looking for personal info just Nokia/Microsoft Lumia models that's all.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for your reply on the topic but I'm looking for people who have gotten the update 2 OTA and not flashed. I flashed ut to my device Lumia 520. But that's not the aim of the topic. I'm specifically just looking for official OTA update 2 (non flashed and or Insider hack trick).

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure the RM is the same, If you buy a used one and want U2 just flash it with the navifirm rom.

059W380

RM975_02173.00000.15154.50010_RETAIL_prod_signed_1035_021471_ATT-US.ffu

Thanks for your reply but I am not talking about flashing update 2, I want to get a list of phone models that have gotten Update 2 OTA from their carrier and not from a flash.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have update 2 on a Lumia 925.
Got it via Insider when the update was pushed separate from the 10 preview.

My 925 has been unused since purchasing my L640 last month.

Posted from the ZenFone2 via the WC app for Android

Thanks Guytronic, I'm really just looking for users who haven't done any tricks or reg edits, I'm more looking for OTA update 2. Thanks for replying though.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Guytronic, I'm really just looking for users who haven't done any tricks or reg edits, I'm more looking for OTA update 2. Thanks for replying though.

Oops sorry about that...
I just recalled that my wife's phone recieved it.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
That's great Guytronic what Lumia does she have? Is she happy with it?

She has the AT&T 635.
The wife isn't a techy type.
I guess she finds it acceptable.
I had one also 635s are good phones.

The unlocked L535 that I recently gave away also had update 2 on it.
That phone had it installed straight from Microsoft.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
She has the AT&T 635.
The unlocked L535 that I recently gave away also had update 2 on it.
That phone had it installed straight from Microsoft.

Very good. I'm pleased she got it. I had to get it the reg edit way. But I'm glad she got it officially as its a nightmare the other way, great stuff!!

Skier7667

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I guess I'm confused!

In reviewing Microsoft info from the phone (by selecting (Cyan in Extra's + Info), the 635 on AT&T is supposed to be able to receive the update to Denim. I have an unlocked Post Paid AT&T Nokia 635 on AT&T paying the normal monthly fee, not Go Phone. I received some update about a week ago, thought it was going to be Denim, but it was some stability type update as indicated. When I check Extra's + Info, Cyan is still listed.

Now I know I can install the Win Preview Program update to go to Win 10 and the first update will be Denim, then the other updates, but I was hoping to get it naturally from AT&T.

Any detailed suggestions on best way to proceed.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo