how to delete...... not installed apps

ankupan

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have downloaded some apps, than later on, I did uninstall.

now whenever I am going to Store > My Apps > not installed apps (here I can see uninstall apps).

How can I delete these uninstall apps ? I don't want to see them again.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There seems to be no way to delete the list of those uninstalled apps - these are all the apps that are associated with your Microsoft Account. Having that list intact is pretty useful in case a user would want to re-install a previously purchased app.

However, there are two things a user can do so that the user won't see that list again:
1. Switch to a different Microsoft Account.
2. Don't visit or view the "Not Installed Apps" list again - ever.

MrAlaskan

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to follow up to this and add that Microsoft currently has no way to get rid of these unwanted apps. As gpobernardo said you can create a new account or just not goto the store anymore however the second option didn't work for me. I'm running windows 10 mobile (beta) on my 640 and these apps that I don't want keep getting que'd to download whenever my phone talks to the store. (which it has to do on occasion) I've complained to Microsoft and they have no answer yet. What they need to do is just give us the option to delete these apps forever. I have a crapload of crappy apps I no longer want. Guess what, to bad you are getting these apps no matter what. Oh you don't want them, well create a new Microsoft account.
That's just great... so now everything I saved will be lost because Microsoft is to cheap to give end users the ability to control their apps.
Amazon used to do the same thing but then everyone complained and they changed it so you can delete apps. Microsoft needs to do the same. I would suggest everyone complain often and all of the time on microsofts feedback and forums for windows 10. I haven't seen the issue yet on my laptop with windows 10 but I haven't tested it to see if it happens there too. If so that would be a real pain.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
MrAlaskan, it appears that your problem is specific to Windows 10 Technical Preview - you may want to provide feedback to Microsoft regarding this. I have never experienced that issue with any of my Windows Phones - if I choose not to install an app, even if it was already queued, it will disappear from the queue permanently.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
MrAlaskan, it appears that your problem is specific to Windows 10 Technical Preview - you may want to provide feedback to Microsoft regarding this. I have never experienced that issue with any of my Windows Phones - if I choose not to install an app, even if it was already queued, it will disappear from the queue permanently.

There are a couple apps the continually show up but won't download. Most are system apps. They just show an error code and reappeared any time you check for app updates, reboot. Microsoft's only suggestion is a soft reset, and that doesn't work

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There are a couple apps the continually show up but won't download. Most are system apps. They just show an error code and reappeared any time you check for app updates, reboot. Microsoft's only suggestion is a soft reset, and that doesn't work

I've encountered something similar, and here's the (hard to find) solution that worked for me:

1. Disable automatic time zone setting in your phone
2. Force refresh your Microsoft account in email+accounts - long tap then sync.
3. Once it has synced manually, restart your phone (other users have indicated that this is a necessary step, but I didn't have to restart my phone in my case).
4. Check for updates in the store settings.
5. Enable automatic time zone setting once everything is done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs