**Apps that don't work well when installed to SD**

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Its a great feature to have when your internal storage is only 8GB and you can expand your storage by as much as 32GB (and up) but I have found even on class 10 fast SD cards that some apps work extremely slow or do not load sometimes. Below is a list based on my experience of using my own class 10 32GB sd on my Lumia 640XL 1GB RAM 8GB internal storage.
?Twitter
?Candy crush saga
?Sims FreePlay
?Farmville Country escape

Please feel free to add to this list any apps that are not listed above.

?ire
(Windows Central Community member)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
??Tapatalk app when installed on SD cannot upload pics that are Saved to SD as the card cannot process the data being pulled and running the app at the same time! To combat this save the pic on the phone storage then upload as normal.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a Lumia 640XL. I haven't started using it yet cause it will take some time to transfer my data and also get it personalized the way I want it to.

I didn't know that it will have issues with the SD card.
I haven't even put the SD card and the SIM in it.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I think tapatalk shows problems on a lot of Windows phone, including the photo upload issue. It might not be related to the SD card at all.
Also, there might also be problem with the SD card. I read once that about half of the SD cards belonging to the popular brands are fake. So, are you sure that you have the right SD card?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Have SD cards on 820/640 and have no problems with apps running slowly on either of them, and that includes several race car games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett