Verizon 8x/822 users, would you have waited now that the Laser has been announced?

kmoth

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm a Verizon Trophy user. I've become eligible for an upgrade recently when lo and behold the Laser is announced. I currently have 7.8 on my Trophy and have never had any problems with it.

I'm wondering if current 8x/822 users would have upgraded if they knew this phone was coming, or would you have upgraded to your current phone anyway?

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
For me, the 8X was jumping in head first to WP, ditching iOS. I'm happy with the device, and the OS.

I'll get the "laser" and give my wife the 8X though. Better camera and Nokia exclusives would be nice.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Nope, got the 822 and love it. Good way to stay proficient with an OS to is try and stay up to date. When, and if, the Laser comes, I'll have 80% of the OS working or me and won't have to learn anything but the new stuff. Up to now, I have bought off contract but depending on the specs of the Laser, I may go for a contract. This is based on me not using a majority of the WP8 capabilities now so probably wouldn't use all the new stuff anyway.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Verizon Trophy user. I've become eligible for an upgrade recently when lo and behold the Laser is announced. I currently have 7.8 on my Trophy and have never had any problems with it.

I'm wondering if current 8x/822 users would have upgraded if they knew this phone was coming, or would you have upgraded to your current phone anyway?

Let's say when the Laser is released, they announce/rumor the Lightening (made-up name) to be released 6 months from then. Are you going to wait for the Lightening phone? What if they announce/rumor the new Lightening 2? If you keep waiting for the next newest phone, you will always be waiting. There will always be something new on the horizon 6 months from now. You have to bite the bullet at some point. Unless you have endless funds to spend every 6 months on the newest and greatest phone.

gar216

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I told my self from day 1 that I was not going to get an 8x (not enough storage/ wanted the Nokia apps) or a Lumia 822 (it would have been an awesome phone in 2011), and that I would wait for either a 922 or a Samsung flagship.

Then the Samsung was never announced and black Friday came where I got an 8x (loved my Trophy). The phone is really nice but the aspects that I like are OS based and not phone based. 16 gig is simply not enough storage.

Long story short, yes I wish that I had waited for a "total package" to be released.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It pisses me off that Verizon keeps this all hush hush when they know their customers want a high end Windows phone just so they can sell the lower end models. I guess Verizon would rather loose customers than to tell its customers hold on we're getting a high end device if you want a high end device, be patient I would have been if I had even an inclination of what was on the horizon for Verizon. (notice my clever rhyme). But I had no Idea so I bailed out and moved to at&t. Makes no sense to me. I would have liked to stay with Verizon. . .

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
It pisses me off that Verizon keeps this all hush hush when they know their customers want a high end Windows phone just so they can sell the lower end models. I guess Verizon would rather loose customers than to tell its customers hold on we're getting a high end device if you want a high end device, be patient I would have been if I had even an inclination of what was on the horizon for Verizon. (notice my clever rhyme). But I had no Idea so I bailed out and moved to at&t. Makes no sense to me. I would have liked to stay with Verizon. . .

Really? I can't wait to leave Verizon. Still no Portico update, no group messaging, they over charge everything while charging for everything. Now that Sprint is on board in going back there when my contract is up.

As for the 8x, I love it. I'm not upset I didn't wait.

juststart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Really? I can't wait to leave Verizon. Still no Portico update, no group messaging, they over charge everything while charging for everything. Now that Sprint is on board in going back there when my contract is up.

As for the 8x, I love it. I'm not upset I didn't wait.

Yea have fun with Sprint's ****ty service. They are cheap for a reason.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea have fun with Sprint's ****ty service. They are cheap for a reason.

Actually I was with Sprint for 9 and half yrs until last March, and never had a problem with their service. Where I live in the Tri State area (Central New Jersey, about a half hour south of NYC) service on all networks are equal...and if u happened to roam on the rare occasion, u roamed off Verizon. So literally no difference. Plus Sprints data speeds here (3G...my only 4G experience is with Verizon, so I can't compare 4G speeds) are noticeably faster due to not capping them. So yeah, thanx for the well wishes, but I think I'm good.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If I didn't have a Surface I would buy it off contract in a heartbeat! But now that i have a tablet device i carry with me everywhere, i use my phone so much less! 8x probably being much lighter and smaller than this laser device, I'll keep the 8x.

still very interested in the laser device though, just won't get it.

WP95

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Probably not, had my trophy long enough and I was able to use my update. I honestly could not wait at all. I preordered my 8x the day I was allowed to. And got it once they told me it was in. I also do not regret it one bit either. No problems at all. I knew it would be awhile until Nokia released a high end Lumia. If there is a high end Lumia when I am able to update again I will most likely get that. For now, I will enjoy my 8X.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone complaining about Sprint's service in areas upgraded with LTE/Network Vision equipment on each tower needs to take a very serious second look before whinning about it.

juststart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm in an area with their upgraded lte service. No area has been upgraded 100% so it is spotty at best. Plenty of dropped calls, poor voice quality, inconsistent data, and weak signals.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I am totally satisfied with my 822 no need to change at this point. My phone does what I want it to do and it does it well..
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My wifes 8X and my 822 does everything we have ever needed and much much more. These phones are amazing. Yes, two years from now, we'll get new phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss