Verizon Group Messaging to Arrive by End of 2Q 2013

toddro6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, that didn't pan out quite the way we were hoping now did it?

Fingers crossed for a June update.

the only issue is, I don't have $500 laying around to go get a Nexus 4 if this doesn't happen. Absolutely insane that we are not getting full use of texting even though we are paying for a texting plan. I am tempted to go in and ask for some kind of discount since their system is FUBAR.

toddro6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
why doesn't Verizon offer Verizon Messenger to Windows 8 phones? That seems to be their way of fixing Androids lack of ability to group text, it just seems like the easy solution. Instead we play the waiting game for an update that isn't going to fix anything, I fear.

I am still not even getting initial messages from incoming group texts. I get the responses in individual texts, but not the original message. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
spoke with Verizon yesterday telling them about this new problem. Was told there is an upgrade coming in June that will fix MMS issues and possibly add group text. He wasn't clear on that last part, but I think it would be through Wifi.

He also said that Androids are getting away from group texting. Is that true? I don't see why.

This would be outrageous... I will seriously consider switching carriers if they do not get their act together on this ASAP.

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
This would be outrageous... I will seriously consider switching carriers if they do not get their act together on this ASAP.

I think that Wi-Fi detail is misleading or erroneous. The rep may have been referring to the Verizon Messaging, which may or may not require SOME kind of data connection, be it Wi-Fi or 3G/4G. That said, I'll be reaching out to my rep who I filed my original BBB claim with to see if I can't get an update.

Also, with all this news about Verizon handing over certain data to NSA and FBI, I wonder how long it would take for them to sort out through unthreaded group text messages. lolz.

Not that VZW is implicated in the news (right now it's only Verizon Business), just something that made me chuckle.

dwurl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I can see them in their spy office now..." damn guys these terrorists are wp8 users... This is gonna take a while to sort out..."

toddro6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I think that Wi-Fi detail is misleading or erroneous. The rep may have been referring to the Verizon Messaging, which may or may not require SOME kind of data connection, be it Wi-Fi or 3G/4G. That said, I'll be reaching out to my rep who I filed my original BBB claim with to see if I can't get an update.

Also, with all this news about Verizon handing over certain data to NSA and FBI, I wonder how long it would take for them to sort out through unthreaded group text messages. lolz.

Not that VZW is implicated in the news (right now it's only Verizon Business), just something that made me chuckle.

this is exactly what I think they will end up doing, which is confusing because we know the phone has the function available. Whatever. As my engineering prof used to say "if horses were wishes, then beggars would ride."

toddro6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I got a response from @VZWSupport thanking me for my patience. Here's our back and forth.

@VZWSUPPORT re: windows 8x update for group messaging...is it happening 2Q13 like expected or is it being pushed out. Hearing rumors.
@Toddro6 I understand your eagerness! When an official release is available, details can be found here:Verizon Wireless News and Announcements .^AB
@VZWSupport I'll prob keep checking for updates daily. I'm just worried that it isn't being addressed.
@Toddro6 I understand your discontent and your patience is greatly appreciated.^AB

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It would be "fun" to see a spam/trolling campaign about this on all of Verizon's social media. It would be a change from the "typical actions" against another carrier. Lol

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I just posted to their twitter. My handle is @matsudanolive. You can find me and retwit, or whatever it is the kids call it these days.

toddro6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I just posted to their twitter. My handle is @matsudanolive. You can find me and retwit, or whatever it is the kids call it these days.

I keep getting a pretty canned response to keep an eye on their news and announcements site with a link. This is definitely not a topic that will be found there, as far as I can tell.

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Can't hurt to try. Besides, my BBB guy is a dead horse. At this point he just keeps telling me to contact HTC and Microsoft. He won't even entertain the idea that it's Verizon's responsibility anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte