Unlimited Talk, Text, and Data for $146/month for 2 lines with Verizon

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Recently I switched to Verizon and a lot of people are asking me about it, so I figured I would just post it here.

I used Google Voice to tie all this together and I've very happy with how it works for me and the other party.

For calling, I use Skype. It's $3/month for the actual calling plan and an extra $5/month for a Skype number ($16/month for both lines)
Since you have to have a calling plan with Verizon (and Skype can't be used for 911 calls), I have 700 shared minutes with Verizon ($70/month for both lines)

For texting, I use Google Voice. ($0/month for both lines)

For data, we both have the $30/month plan. Also, you can add unlimited LTE hotspot for an extra $30/month. ($60/month for both lines)

Here's how it works:
I use MetroTalk as my Google Voice app. It allows me to text and call with my Google Voice number. It also transcribes my voicemails for me.
When my Google Voice number is called, Skype first rings and then if I ignore the call (when I only have 3G), my Verizon will ring.
When someone texts my Google Voice number, I get a push notification along with a live tile with the message.

Works great for me.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
How recently did you switch? I thought Verizon stopped offering the $30/month unlimited data plan in the middle of last year.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
How recently did you switch? I thought Verizon stopped offering the $30/month unlimited data plan in the middle of last year.
As far as the unlimited data goes, if you had it you're grandfather in. However, if you want to keep it when upgrading to a new phone you have to buy the phone full price. Otherwise they pretty much force you into one of their share everything plans. So , when I got my 822 I didn't even wait to be eligible for an upgrade since there was no point because I wanted to keep my unlimited package.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea