Worried Windows Verizon Wireless Customer - HELP!

JustinGrosjean

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I currently own a Nokia Lumia Icon and am on a plan with Verizon. Currently Verizon only lists one maybe two windows phones on their market. Is that really it? I would like to upgrade in the near future but the only windows phones they offer are downgrades from my icon. Are there any others I can purchase from eBay or Amazon that work with Verizon, or any new Windows phones that will be added to Verizon in the near future?

thanks,

Justin

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Currently Verizon only lists one maybe two windows phones on their market. Is that really it? \

Unfortunately yes.

would like to upgrade in the near future but the only windows phones they offer are downgrades from my icon. Are there any others I can purchase from eBay or Amazon that work with Verizon, or any new Windows phones that will be added to Verizon in the near future?

Only sidegrades at best. Perhaps worth looking at HTC's One M8 for Windows.

Otherwise the Icon is THE Windows Phone on VZW.
As for upcoming phones, MS has a sizeable event scheduled for Oct 6, so we'll get more information there. I'm not confident we'll see a VZW compatible phone considering VZW's past poor treatment.

JustinGrosjean

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply! That's very frustrating. I am almost considering switching to Sprint or something else at this point, at least Sprint has more options and unlimited data. I'm not sure why the can't offer more Window's phones. Or at least allow unlocked Windows Phones.

thanks again!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply! That's very frustrating. I am almost considering switching to Sprint or something else at this point, at least Sprint has more options and unlimited data. I'm not sure why the can't offer more Window's phones. Or at least allow unlocked Windows Phones.

thanks again!

I would just hold off till after October 6th till we hear what Microsoft has to offer, I'm in the same boat as you wanting to upgrade to one of the flagship phones.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
For the record, while the icon is the best we have for Windows Phone, the Lumia 735 supports VoLTE, which is nice if you're in a good 4G area. The Lancet supports it as well, but the Lancet is a bit...small. I often end up recommending that as a first phone for young kids or to people who are just adamant about their phone being pocket sized.

Also, if you're feeling experimental, you may consider hard resetting that icon and putting the windows 10 build on it. There's already a good number of pure win 10 apps that are starting to appear. Might be nice for a fresh start.

Either way, I'd wait until Microsoft has had their say. If that rumored HTC M9 for Windows makes an appearance, I might have to grab one of those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs