Want the 950xl so bad but refuse to leave verizon :(

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Thats the way the backwards US mobile network providers treat there customers. Here in the civilised world people are free to buy a sim free / unlocked phone & just stick there sim card in it.

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
It's tough for Verizon customers; because of their different radio technology, you're stuck having to buy CDMA-capable phones from them. You either have to deal with it, find the right time/promotion to incentivize you to leave, or hope that as advances to LTE technology continue to roll-out that LTE bands become universally compatible.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
It is truly not a fun set of shoes to be in. I know.
I truly wish there would be some reconciling, but does not seem probable at all. Guess it never did.
Probably just let it play a few months, see how the new Qualcomm chipset improves things and then make your move based on a current 2016 generation product.

constantreader16

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I am a former Verizon customer, I gladly switch to AT&T after having issues with an unlocked Android phone (could not use data while on the phone). Immediately after activation on AT&T my issues were resolved.

I couldn't be happier on AT&T. I've seen no drop in service so far!

editter

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I will be switching from Sprint to AT&T in a few months. I am excited for it but will be losing unlimited data which sucks a little.

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
The 950 was the final straw for me. I was pretty sick of never being able to get the phones I wanted. Now im a pretty happy cricket customer.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Screw Verizon. The second I need a different phone i'll leave Verizon (who I have been with for 17 years) in a heart beat.

Sent from my Surface 3

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Rumor is HTC is releasing a Windows 10 phone. Curious if it'll be on Verizon. I'm sporting an M8 now and if they release a WM10 on Verizon I won't have to make the choice in switching carriers.

Sent from my Surface 3

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Honestly tmobile and ATT have their crap together here in the states. Data speeds are way faster than Verizon from what I've seen. And coverage is basically everywhere now.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
T-mobile is basically 2G in my area, and AT&T non existent. Verizon is pretty much it, or US Cellular (who has even less windows phone options than Verizon).

Bbeelzebub

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I hate the way Verizon does business, but their service has just been pretty rock solid for me.

I had AT&T back in 2000-2002 or something and it was craptastic. I dropped calls daily around Los Angeles. Switched to Verizon and have had maybe 2 dropped calls ever. One thing that bothers me though is whenever I go to some big event for something, the internet comes to a near screeching halt due to the towers being overloaded while my friends on Sprint or AT&T have no issue.

That being said, I'm ready to ditch Android and Verizon. Living in a large metro area, I have four carriers to choose from and three of them (not Sprint) all have good service blanketing the area here. Unfortunately, the 950 / 950xl aren't enough to get me to switch to a Windows device yet. I think a lot of people are living in "lack of app denial". I don't even use that many apps, but the few I do are nowhere to be found in the Windows store. If these rumors of the mack daddy of all Windows Phones (IE the "Surface Phone") are true, I hope it lives up to the hype and wins me over.

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I will be switching from Sprint to AT&T in a few months. I am excited for it but will be losing unlimited data which sucks a little.

Sprint OS trashhhhh compared to att! You're gonna be so happy. What's the point of unlimited data when its slow as hell?

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I'm thinking those that waited and stuck with Verizon instead of jumping to AT&T for the 950 are happy with their decision. All the reports of issues, with both the Lumia 950 and W10M, have given me reason to wait. As others have said, the Surface Phone is our next hope. All indications are that it will be released on ALL the major carriers.The 950 was just a placeholder for the SP anyway. Once SP comes out the 950 will be shunted to the back burner just like the Icon has been. There is a history of this kind of thing. The "flagship" Lumia 900 was out for a grand total of THIRTY-SEVEN days when owners learned there was no upgrade path to WM8. Waiting for the Surface Phone will be the right move, and Verizon will have it.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
The three most important things to consider when choosing a wireless carrier are:
1. Network
2. Network
3. Network
Switching carriers for no other reason than the latest smartphone is a baaaaaaad idea. A long time ago, in a neighborhood not so very far away, I was using a BlackBerry on AT&T. And I was happy. But then my old sentimental favorite phone company relaunched with a whole new device, new operating system, and all the promise of tomorrow. It was Palm, and they released the Palm Pre as a Sprint exclusive. You may (or may not) recall all the hype surrounding this new wonderphone. I was already a huge Palm ******, having used Treo phones since the 600. I didn't need to be hyped into getting the Pre - I was all in the moment it hit the streets. So I ported to Sprint, bought the Palm Pre, and was thrilled.............for about 15 minutes. The network sucked. Hard. The phone was an ergonomic nightmare with it's insanely small keyboard, and a grand total of 27 apps at launch for the newly minted WebOS. I believe they eventually got that app total up to about 35. So I went running back to BlackBerry while I rode out my new contract with Sprint. Eventually even that was too much so I paid a modest ETF and signed up with Verizon. Never looked back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99