What do volunteers get?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So - you want to become a volunteer - but are wondering what you might get out of it?

First off, let me say if you're only interested in volunteering because you want to get rewarded with physical products or money - you're going to be disappointed. That's not how we work!

We DO however reward our volunteers with other types of things, including:

• site swag
  • exclusive opportunities
  • special 'volunteer only' projects and challenges
  • private team forums
  • private volunteer only Slack channel
  • weekly updates from the Community Manager (that's me!)
On top of all that you also become part of an exclusive club. It's all about doing good and helping our members with their problems and questions as fast as you can. It's a humbling experience, and I have a feeling once you start engaging with our members, you're going to meet a lot of great people, and maybe even make some lifelong friends in the process.

If you're still interested, make sure you read about all of our different volunteer teams in this forum. Chances are there's a volunteer team for you, provided you're up for the challenge!! :)

Last edited:

swarlos

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Agreed James!! I've been a Trusted Member now, man I can't recall how long haha, but it's been great! We truly are a great community here and I've made some cool friends over the years from my hanging out in the iMore forums. You can usually find me there mostly but on occasion I do stop in the Android Central forums to see what's going on. I originally started on Crackberry then moved on to Android Central and finally landed at iMore.

I look forward to see what 2017 brings for Mobile Nations and our wonderful community.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the perks are a bonus. The folks that come to mobilenations sites are amazing, and I am just so happy to be a part of.

Sent via mTalk on a 950XL

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It was all about hanging out before the Trusted Member status, so why would anything change. We're all here to have fun.

iSRS

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Excellent point! Now, as a slight introduction to WC readers, I primarily focus on Apple stuff, but love tech of all kinds and love helping folks find what is best for them.

Plus, in my day job, even though I do work from a Mac, I manage all sorts of projects nearly exclusively on Microsoft platforms. Currently a big focus on Azure and trying to determine our private vs public cloud approach.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The replies in this thread are giving me the warm fuzzies. Thanks all for the kind comments - trust me - you are appreciated, we can't do this without you!!! :)

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Personally for me, there are a couple things that keep me coming back to Mobile Nations Sites.

1) Forum Members and staff - Ive been apart of other forum sites before but i moved on because the members and staff were not the greatest. Whereas WindowsCentral and other sister sites have really helpful members and you can see the staff here care and want to make it the best experience possible :)

2) Sharing a love and passion for technology with many other members. It's easy to get along with other members when you all share a love for the same thing.

3) Getting that 'thank you message' from a forum member when their issue has been solved because of your advice. This is something i love seeing and gives me that 'fuzzy feeling inside' as James mentioned above this post :D

4) The articles are trustworthy and we don't get 'shocked' with false news. Only reputable information is shared and thats important to me. So i always come back to get official information. :)

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Matty - thank you for the kind words! You're especially right about the news/editorial team too. They do a fantastic job.

Remember - if there's anything we can do better around here, I want to hear about it!!

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
200! Nice! I would've agreed with @Mike Dee1 2 years ago... when I first joined the mobile nations steam boat, but now that I've been here a while, the numbers don't surprise me since this forum grows and grows Everyday! And it's truly amazing!

Edited: I looked at my profile from my PC and just realized that I joined mobile nations EXACTLY 2 years ago today! But joined here at WC on the 24th :) I should celebrate, lol.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Oh.... I would have called that large... lol

200 does seem like a lot but when you look at Mobile Nations as a whole. There are about, around, in the range of, nearby 7,882,120 members in total. Now obviously some members are apart of more than 1 site so some members are being counted x2 - x5 times.

But 200 members is only about 0.002% of people :) How awesome is that!

James is definitely a man with a plan and I'm so excited to see what what happens in the coming years. Crackberry is even becoming Blackberry's official support forum now which is pretty cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3