06-18-2017 09:02 AM
85 1234
tools
    What an amazing bunch of ppl!
    Personally, I'm a critical care nurse with a handful of specialities.
    I enjoy rock climbing, scuba diving, flying light sports aircraft, jumping out of aircraft, taking the Jeep out into some serious mud, keeping fit.
    I'm also in an environmental group, we go on outing in the bush and check the health of the environment, animals, trees etc.. I used to be a drover in the desert country, so my bushcraft comes in handy out there
    And I enjoy chatting in the forums and nice shiny new phones 🙃
    Working in an ICU were some of my most enjoyable times working in healthcare. Really got to make a difference.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    03-13-2017 04:50 PM
    Oh, and I've become a big FC Bayern fan since my trips to Germany.

03-13-2017 04:52 PM
    Oh, and I've become a big FC Bayern fan since my trips to Germany.

Love Bundesliga!

Bayern had always been a favorite, though I've been keeping an eye on Dortmund and Pulicic.
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    03-13-2017 11:42 PM
    @Mike Dee1 - the deputy is in the house! So cool. :)
    03-14-2017 08:34 AM
    I play drums in a band. We made our own album. You can find it in all the online stores and FB.
    https://www.facebook.com/7stonemusic/
    03-14-2017 08:38 AM
    I play drums in a band. We made our own album. You can find it in all the online stores and FB.
    https://www.facebook.com/7stonemusic/
    Cool man! How long have you been playing for?
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    03-14-2017 08:43 AM
    Cool man! How long have you been playing for?
    I was in a cover band 2008-2013. Started this original project with them in 2013 and getting ready for this summer.
    03-14-2017 09:26 AM
    Nice. I bet it's a lot of fun!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-14-2017 09:39 AM
    I like doing the original music more than playing covers. "i do want I want!" lol
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-14-2017 09:41 AM
    03-14-2017 09:59 AM
    @Mike Dee1 - the deputy is in the house! So cool. :)
    Glad to be part of the team
    03-14-2017 02:41 PM
    Love Bundesliga!

Bayern had always been a favorite, though I've been keeping an eye on Dortmund and Pulicic.
    Knew nothing about them. Went to Munich and got caught up in the festivities. Kind of adopted them not knowing if they were good or bad. Came home and started watching their games. Now I'm hooked!

03-14-2017 05:24 PM
    Hey everyone,

I'm just coming back from vacation. Just spent a couple weeks in the Caribbean and wish I never had to come back. Things move at a much slower pace and that is nice (at times). haha.

Most of my time is spent at work (sad as that is). I have a young child now and if I'm not at work, I am with her. My life revolves around her now. I can't wait until she is older and has some hobbies that I can participate more in. I'm really hoping she likes golf and cycling. I used to play a lot of golf (well, that means once a week for me and only during the available months). Being from Toronto, we only get a few months to play. I know that surprises many of our US members who believe that Canada is the north pole and we live in igloos year round. :) :D

I used to ride my road bike a lot too. However, with the child, this hasn't happened a lot either. Mostly gathering dust now. Probably just need to use indoors on the trainer, but even then, it isn't the same. Part of the fun is being outdoors (although not in the winter time of course) and saying hello to fellow riders and other folks walking in the neighbourhood.

I guess I need to find a new job where I can enjoy my own hobbies and my kids as well. Work seems to get in the way of this, unfortunately.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else is up to.
    03-15-2017 01:07 PM
    I like to read books, listen to music and I also do long distance running. In my spare time, outside of my main IT job, I teach English and I am slowly trying to learn Python too.
    03-16-2017 07:59 AM
    I like to read books, listen to music and I also do long distance running. In my spare time, outside of my main IT job, I teach English and I am slowly trying to learn Python too.
    I like Python too, Monty Python!

03-16-2017 03:23 PM
    I like Python too, Monty Python!
    Careful, no Spamming...

Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-16-2017 06:14 PM
    Now now Robert, just calm down and...

03-16-2017 06:22 PM
    Outside of Mobile Nations... Hmm... LOL

I am married to my best friend, really. I have a daughter who just turned two and a boy that could be here any day. I worked in the technology (network and systems administration) field for around 14 years and very recently decided to stay home and take care of my kids. I have a very entrepreneurial spirit so I am not sure how this will work out.

Outside of my time on here I enjoy collecting/repairing old video games and Arcade machines. I also collect BlackBerry swag and devices.

My wife and I enjoy spending time outdoors and traveling. We host a lot of parties at our house and like to be social.
    03-17-2017 11:50 AM
    Excellent thread!
    Looks like it's my turn.

K...
    I'm one of the older members here.

Main activities for me off-line are home chores.
    Our place is getting on in years and trying to hold it together by myself is a full time job so a lot of time is spent with that.

We have lots of wonderful pets here including large decorative fish in 2 ponds, large flight cage with 8 budgies, one indoor cat, one outdoor cat and four dawgs that need constant care.

The wife and I try to go places in our RV trailer when possible although that has been difficult lately.

I like to interact with our good neighbors by helping out if they need anything.
    Love to tinker and try to fix things if I can.
    Always been a gadget lover especially audio and camera items.
    The addiction has had a firm grip on me since I was a young boy.

As an avid follower of current events I'm a news media hound and spend hours and hours reading about things in print or on-line.
    Also I enjoy biographies of people who have changed the course of history.
    We have a collection of books I refer to occasionally just for the sake of remembering.

Big fan of modern jazz here and will listen to my music often in the evenings.

Guess I'm just a homebody that doesn't get out much these days.
    03-20-2017 03:02 PM
    Whoa I've slacked off! I started a new job 22 days ago now :) left my cushy, "pick and choose my job" world of independent consulting, into a high paced hectic corporate thrown into fire world so that's my excuse. lol

Before all that, I love hockey, I play beer league hockey with buddies (10 years no on this team), I run a fantasy hockey league, I love yahoo fantasy hockey pools.

Have a very fulfilling family of 4, kids are only 4 and 7 so still a lot of fun but the 7 year old starting to need a firmer hand lately lol. Punk.

I try to keep an active lifestyle with CrossFit, hockey and Yoga.

And I like to bbq and smoke (like bbq smoking) here are my babies!
    4e6214f0-25cc-4f90-b098-0d94aad62832.jpg
    03-30-2017 12:46 AM
    One thing we might all take interest in this month is over in the Cerulean Mobile Thread. Go show your support as volunteers and as Windows Mobile users/fans! If you are not aware of what Cerulean is about, please visit there and read up on it. They are currently firing up a mid-range device to market, and need our support.

#ThisIsOurMoment
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-04-2017 02:10 AM
    @Nate W - good call. Anything we can do to rally around new hardware is probably a good thing :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-04-2017 08:53 AM
    @anthonyng - holy 'smokes'... that's awesome! I love me some bbq and find myself at the bbq all year... even in -30 weather!
    Nate W, RumoredNow and anthonyng like this.
    04-04-2017 08:54 AM
    @Nate W - good call. Anything we can do to rally around new hardware is probably a good thing :)
    Ya. It's a rare occurence these days for Windows 'Phones' users, but it's definitely a good thing.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-04-2017 09:04 AM
    Still hope we see a Surface Phone...
    Nate W and RumoredNow like this.
    04-04-2017 09:29 AM
85 1234