When You Aren't Volunteering Here, What Else Do You Do For a Hobby?

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
The Smiling Nomads.jpg

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the good question. Its really interesting to see how diverse this community is. :D

I am an architecture student at Jomo Kenyatta University (JKUAT) in Nairobi, Kenya, but whenever am not on Windows central I spend my time creating art and some design innovations for environmental problems.

I love wood carving, pencil renders, watercolor painting and these days because of the incredible advancements in Windows apps, I also create digital paintings.

Design-wise I have created 4-in-1 studio tables, wind-turbine green buildings, desalinating houses, recyclable furniture and even won the Disruption by Design (DxD) Award for Architecture 2015.

My motto is that its always good to be busy thinking and creating stuff. Its the fun of life! :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 136202

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the good question. Its really interesting to see how diverse this community is. :D

I am an architecture student at Jomo Kenyatta University (JKUAT) in Nairobi, Kenya, but whenever am not on Windows central I spend my time creating art and some design innovations for environmental problems.

I love wood carving, pencil renders, watercolor painting and these days because of the incredible advancements in Windows apps, I also create digital paintings.

Design-wise I have created 4-in-1 studio tables, wind-turbine green buildings, desalinating houses, recyclable furniture and even won the Disruption by Design (DxD) Award for Architecture 2015.

My motto is that its always good to be busy thinking and creating stuff. Its the fun of life!
Very nice art!😊 Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Outside of Mobile Nations... Hmm... LOL

I am married to my best friend, really. I have a daughter who just turned two and a boy that could be here any day. I worked in the technology (network and systems administration) field for around 14 years and very recently decided to stay home and take care of my kids. I have a very entrepreneurial spirit so I am not sure how this will work out.

Outside of my time on here I enjoy collecting/repairing old video games and Arcade machines. I also collect BlackBerry swag and devices.

My wife and I enjoy spending time outdoors and traveling. We host a lot of parties at our house and like to be social.

That's awesome! Congrats on your recent marriage. Collecting and repairing old games and arcade machines sounds like great fun too! It is something that I would be interested in, if I could find the time.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Now that its summer I love to work in the yard. I'm a nature person and feel at ease outdoors amongst the trees, fresh air, and nature.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Spend way too much time online reading and participating in threads on various topics. My wife and i have several favorite TV shows we watch weekly. I like to go fishing with my brother and while doing so drink beer and solve the worlds problems.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I like to travel as a hobby. I love to go places with my wife, but due to family and school, we can't go very much. I do get in on a good bit of traveling though because of church-related missions with which I am involved.

In fact, less than two weeks ago I returned from a solo around-the-world trip. It was a missions trip to Asia, but I stretched it a couple days at each end to visit expat friends. The end result was that my schedule took me westbound around the world. Any flat-earthers here? I'd like to have a word with you. :winktongue:

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
IT support. collecting manga and anime. foody.

Right now I'm rewatching Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki waiting for new episodes of latest releases.

my gaming has died down a lot. just not enough time to sit down for lengthy gaming like I used to. but I occasionally play hack and slash rpg and fighting games.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am trying (and failing) to learn Java to become Java certified for a career change. Any advice to a complete novice is very welcome.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am trying (and failing) to learn Java to become Java certified for a career change. Any advice to a complete novice is very welcome.

I wouldn't say failing, doing nothing at all is failing :winktongue:.

Here are three links that may be helpful :).

channel9.msdn.com/

ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

mva.microsoft.com/

To prevent a double post, well what I do in my spare.. time.. well don't really have much of an answer to that. I suppose you could say my hobby is just self improvement.

I try to live by Bruce Lee's profound quote:

"Empty your mind, be shapeless, be formless, like water. You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. Put it into a tea pot, it becomes the tea pot. Now water can flow, creep, drip or crash. Be water my friend".

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say failing, doing nothing at all is failing :winktongue:.

Here are three links that may be helpful :).

channel9.msdn.com/

ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

mva.microsoft.com/

To prevent a double post, well what I do in my spare.. time.. well don't really have much of an answer to that. I suppose you could say my hobby is just self improvement.

I try to live by Bruce Lee's profound quote:

"Empty your mind, be shapeless, be formless, like water. You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. Put it into a tea pot, it becomes the tea pot. Now water can flow, creep, drip or crash. Be water my friend".

I like your idea of self improvement. That's good. I am slowly working on Java. This is the first time I am taking learning a programming language seriously.

Lee_Bo

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Well I usually hang out mostly at iMore but do come here, usually looking for answers to Windows issues some of my users may be having.

Unfortunately I've gotten into a really expensive hobby that rivals fine wines and cigars:

photography

I have several cameras (all Canon as that's what I got initially several years ago) and always keep a bag in my car because you never know when something's going to happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb