What can we do better?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I think it would also be neat to see more stats..I am kinda into stats so....it might engage members too but hopefully in not a bad way.

If lets say there is or was a dashboard for the stats or some other tracker forum. Maybe the person with the most likes/thumbs up for a single post would be ?? or the person who posted the highest word count for a thread post is ??. I don't know, just throwing ideas...some may hold those records already and do not even know it.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd buy a #mugz .

How about work on the app more? I was kinda hoping WC app could be a real example of an easy to maintain, develop, keep fluid uwp app that gives nobody an excuse to avoid uwp.

Sorry @tgeekb, not complaining ??????

is it just me or can we not edit properly on desktop? had trouble with firefox, edge (in general trying to get to forums WC) and IE.

WC app didn't let me edit, nor could I quote reply with it... didn't expect to come to problems on the full website!

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Better yet, if they do post differently it is up to the mods to initiate the shock treatment...the one with the most shocks each month build up points...the points go towards the mobile nations store (TBA) where you can earn or buy things...like #mugz or mugs

I like that. Creative!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
is it just me or can we not edit properly on desktop? had trouble with firefox, edge (in general trying to get to forums WC) and IE.

WC app didn't let me edit, nor could I quote reply with it... didn't expect to come to problems on the full website!
I recently switched my editor to the basic text box hoping that helps. But I feel your pain in some ways...I use Edge exclusively or trying to. You can mention this over in the site help and feedback forum if need be. I have had issues editing sometimes, but not recently.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I am new in WC.

How about ..............
1. Add a symbol to a thread indicating that the problem has been solved ?
2. Include total # of Likes under the person's Avatar ?

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
A separate button/option for people who want to register first time and members who want to sign in.

Right now, I need to click the Create your account option in order to sign in.
Took me a while to find out "where do I sign in ?".

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I am new in WC.

How about ..............
1. Add a symbol to a thread indicating that the problem has been solved ?
2. Include total # of Likes under the person's Avatar ?

We try to mark a post within threads that have a post containing a viable solution (for the majority of users) with a 'best answer'. We don't get to all.

Considering this.. maybe it would be handy if there was a way to track how many likes posts get? it could also end up getting clunky, but maybe this could just be accessible to the mods?

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Considering this.. maybe it would be handy if there was a way to track how many likes posts get? it could also end up getting clunky, but maybe this could just be accessible to the mods?

Right now, the forum is keeping tab on how many likes each member has received.
Why would it be clunky just to post the total under the avatar ?

Likes.jpg

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Right now, the forum is keeping tab on how many likes each member has received.
Why would it be clunky just to post the total under the avatar ?

View attachment 134734

No no I was thinking about an easier way to check how many likes a certain comment gets. For example if it hits 10 likes we'd get a notification or sth and check it out. Mostly comments with the most likes in the AAQ section contain a solution

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
No no I was thinking about an easier way to check how many likes a certain comment gets. For example if it hits 10 likes we'd get a notification or sth and check it out. Mostly comments with the most likes in the AAQ section contain a solution
To me it would be thread specific. So you open threads, or you can open questions. If it is a thread it is like what we see every day. If it is a question thread, than the Original Poster (creator) of the thread could see options under the posters to approve it as a solution. Or maybe none of that is possible....

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to have a way to see most liked posts/comments... but then it shouldn't be life time and need a time frame like the past week/month.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
On one of the threads I posted to yesterday I have a big yellow star next to my avatar. What does that mean exactly and how did that happen? Anyone know?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Maybe it means I answered the thread??

Edit: yes it is. On the first page I see it now, as I am quoted underneath the OPs question. So is this a new feature for QA/Request threads?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99