Holo lens was originally Microsoft's plan to go after sony's project morphius and Facebook's occulus

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
That's what I heard Mary Jo Foley say on the podcast Windows weekly. Holo Lens was originally a gaming headset for Xbox to compete with Sony. But Satya Nedella tested it out and said we need to do more with this, So they removed it from Xbox and it became the Windows 10 AR head set it is now. Lets not forget the holo lens people originally were behind Kenect 1.0 (Xbox 360) 2.0 (Xbox one). Surprisingly this hardware maybe the innovation we were looking for Microsoft to find. This may be there version of what Google is doing with Driverless cars, and what apple did, with Ipod's, Iphone's and Ipad's.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Apple did jack with all the "i's".....as for Google, Screw Google glass, I'd rather get myself a Hololens. Hopefully, this masterpeice will help Microsoft get a push in the long run.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, if everything goes right, people will be able to use this with Xbox regardless. I think Oculus is way ahead of Sony's VR headset, and the idea that it could potentially be used with anything with an HDMI port means Microsoft has more incentive to let it grow rather than try and take it down. (Didn't they say Win 10 would support oculus natively?)

Hololens *could* potentially give us a VR experience as well as AR, which makes it unique. Not to mention you'll have an easier time finding the keyboard than with an Oculus.

I just wanna know, where's my Amusphere? XD

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the recent failures of Xbox lead to this device getting pushed to Windows and used for more than gaming. As a gaming headset it would have flopped horribly. At least now it has mainstream potential.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12