This wont be a popular opinion. but this is mark of the beast technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
This is a controversial topic but this holographic technology is a precursor to the famous 'mark of the beast' prophecy of the bible.

Most attention to this prophecy has been in the number and mark '666'. However the other interesting part of this prophecy is the image of the beast. Note here:

And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life.

15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.​

So what we have with hololens is a precursor to acceptance of this technology. Heck look at the promo video - showing aliens jumping out of your walls running around your living room and amusing you. Talk about deceiving spirits!

And also take note that whenever you put this thing in microsoft et al. can see and hear and notice exactly what you are paying attention to.

asa2015

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
You realize that the "mark of the beast" is something that is engraved into your skin, not something that you are able to remove at will?

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I can't take Revelations seriously - for me, it reads as one awesome acid trip. But, yeah, the Mark is supposedly physical.

Revelation 13:16-18
Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

NIST

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You do realize there was no number 6 during that time period right? But then again there was no later J so I have no idea where they came up with the word Jesus either.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't take Revelations seriously - for me, it reads as one awesome acid trip. But, yeah, the Mark is supposedly physical.

Revelation 13:16-18
Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

That just seems inevitable. Not really sure why its evil.

asa2015

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Actually the number six was used when explaining Satan. And as for the letter J that letter came from being translated from Hebrew to English.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Throughout history, lots of innovations have been called the mark of the beast. You can get "666" out of almost anything. The "www" in the URL has been called it. Ha, I remember things like the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 have been linked to it. I mean, think about it: take the 9 for September and add it to 11(th) and then divide by 10 (AM) and multiply by 3 (Tuesday is the 3rd day of the week) and you get a 6. Then take 2001, the digits add up to 3 so take 3 6's and there you go, 666! (I made that all up as I went along!)

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Throughout history, lots of innovations have been called the mark of the beast. You can get "666" out of almost anything. The "www" in the URL has been called it. Ha, I remember things like the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 have been linked to it. I mean, think about it: take the 9 for September and add it to 11(th) and then divide by 10 (AM) and multiply by 3 (Tuesday is the 3rd day of the week) and you get a 6. Then take 2001, the digits add up to 3 so take 3 6's and there you go, 666! (I made that all up as I went along!)

Or the 6/6/06 I remember I loled

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Then Half-Life 3 gets released?

Dradzk

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
This is a controversial topic but this holographic technology is a precursor to the famous 'mark of the beast' prophecy of the bible.

Unfortunately this kind of view seems to be quite common whenever new technology comes out. It seems to stem from a poor understanding of Scriptures, especially in the context of history.

I don't think the argument can be made that the mark is physical, nor can one equate these virtual images to spirits. Yes I believe Revelation to be true, no I don't think you can tie this into it. We can talk hermeneutics if you want, but I will leave it at that for now.

As for what you said about Microsoft seeing whatever you see when you put this on, I had to stop and think, 'why do I tend to trust Microsoft more than some other companies such as say Google, especially in the wake of all the nsa stuff that went down?' Most of these different technologies that are being developed are quite cool and have a lot of potential to help aid people in their lives tremendously. Put in the wrong hands, they also have the potential to do a lot of harm.

In the matter of the government, while I believe the principle of what they are doing is wrong and I believe they should stop, pragmatically I know that if they want info on you there is nothing you can do about it. Why should I avoid seriously cool and/or time saving things like the latest tablet, Cortana, Google Now, email, electronic banking, the Hololense, etc, if there is little to nothing you can do to cause the government to start or stop collecting your info if they don't want to?

As for why I prefer Microsoft over Google, I decided that the main reason is that Microsoft wants to sell me a product. Google wants me as their product. Google has cool items too, I'd just rather not have all the info I've trusted to them sold to the highest bidder.

Posted via my HTC One (M7)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Most attention to this prophecy has been in the number and mark '666'. However the other interesting part of this prophecy is the image of the beast. Note here:

And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life.

15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.​

So what we have with hololens is a precursor to acceptance of this technology. Heck look at the promo video - showing aliens jumping out of your walls running around your living room and amusing you. Talk about deceiving spirits!

And also take note that whenever you put this thing in microsoft et al. can see and hear and notice exactly what you are paying attention to.

Famous Mark of the beast? Seriously. Look Copernicus, With the talk about Star Wars and SDI back in the day I heard the same thing about Ronald Wilson Reagan that he was supposed to be have the mark of the beast. Something about the number of his name being 666. Ronald (6) Wilson (6) Reagan (6) Somehow didn't quite pan out like you thought.
Then came Pastor Camping's rapture claims which didn't do much but make him 72 million now here you go again with Hololens. I think you need to quit trying to create hysteria over a technology that will come and go like every new technology. Its not that serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)