HoloLens for 3d construction design

Morgan Caldbeck

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been looking at the information for this announcement of the Microsoft hololens... the application potential is off the charts! I do a lot of architectural and residential construction design, and use google's sketchup application extensively. Seeing this hololens gave me some ideas. First of all, it would be nice to actively draw with my own hands right in the living room without sitting at a desk. That alone sounds incredible to me, but, it goes further. A lot of the design work I do entails designing remodels. So often, I end up crawling around in attics with a tape measurer trying to get dimensions for the trusses so I can go back to my computer and draw them up. It would be so nice if hololens could connect to my computer, and all I had to do was wear that into the attic, and via the hologram, draw with my finger on the truss itself, and draw the model in real life. The drawings would be far more accurate, and way less time consuming. Plus, with the hololens being connected to the computer, it would be nice if any drawings in hologram I did would appear in the program window on my pc live. This is all just speculation, and mostly dreaming obviously, but the potential is there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb