What is your ideal fantasy for using Hololens?

L33tSpeed

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone thought of the possibility of incorporating Hololens into helmets?

Yes, I know there are some helmet HUD's already coming into being. But what has to happen is MS has to fix their limited field of view problem with the Hololens and incorporate the holograms displayed into a full on visor. Down the line these visors could be incorporated into helmets used for so many different various reasons. One could be a full on gaming helmet that would take care of the full display and audio of a system. Another is a helmet used for all various sporting needs. A skydivers helmet to show wind speed, your movement, play music, record/stream your dive, and even have some safety measures such as projected distance to the ground, and an estimated safe zone of time to pull your chute before it is too late. Or even a motorcycle helmet that could display and keep track of roads, in front and behind you, as well as lighting up darkened paths at night, or tinting the visor during the day. My last idea would be a combat fueled helmet as a new standard for military technology. The helmet itself could provide full ballistic protection for the user, while also assisting the user by highlighting possible threats and targets, and showing tactical locations and goals through its holograms (See Ironman's HUD and targeting system for example (Yes I know this is a movie based off of super heroes, but this is a technology that can be achieved in the not too distant future)). And as for a hardware perspective on this thought, the helmets do not have to remain large, heavy, and bulky, as they are today; I simply would imagine these designs would be held in reserve for the inclusion of safety features that one would need for sports or combat protection. I would imagine a "helmet" in the future as a slim fitting (maybe even just the visor and sensors) piece of equipment that any and everyone would be able to use. Basically I would like to see this technology evolve mankind's capabilities as a species, by changing the way we do everything that we do, much like the invention of the telephone did as it evolved into the cell phone, and eventually into the smart phone. Sure, down the line I could see the technology progressing into a "contact lens" like I saw someone else post on this thread, but for now that idea is strictly a science fiction idea, as the technology for that type of innovation simply will not be around in our lifetime. I believe that visors and helmets are the "next step" for this technology and MS, in my opinion, is the only company that has the power and funds to pull it through from high priced, futuristic technology, to the tech we would all use in our every day lives.
I know that today, being the futuristic tech that it is, the market price will most likely be unimaginably and unmarketabley high, but then again, so were computers and cell phones. The longer the product remains on the market, there will be competition looking to drive the need for improvements, as well as the need to drive the market price down.

Call me Oprah, I just want everyone to have a hololens in one form or another. :crying:

VRdorado

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm for now most excited about the rather simple stuff I'm sure I'll be expanding my horizon soon enough, but as was already mentioned, weather updates on the wall, notes on the fridge, see a broadcast while doing the dishes... that is exactly the stuff I'd love to give a go first of all.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Fantasy use ? Is this a trick question ? I guess I cant say it in a public forum, some people might think it's really offensive...

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Fantasy use ? Is this a trick question ? I guess I cant say it in a public forum, some people might think it's really offensive...
If I'm guessing correctly, they're already trying that with Oculus Rift but found it to be pretty disorientating without any form of physical feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss