How long will the silence last?

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I read technical news everyday. Zdnet and Wpcentral I check everyday and sometimes Cnet, the Verge or Anandtech. When Hololens was first introduced it was mentioned but not really with any great excitement except for here. Then as the weeks passed I would have to search to find any news. It was almost like all of these sites didn't want to give MS any press/credit or they were stumbling around in shock because of the potential of Hololens.

Meanwhile there have been endlesssssss articles about iPhone 6 and 6+, the 12" MacBook, and the Apple watch along with Android and Chromebook news. I don't know if I can stand many more articles on the watch.

I watched the build keynote today and I wonder how long this new technology will be,,, "not ignored" but kind of not acknowledged. I suppose that when they finally do start to cover it they will complain about the color of the icons "Fisher Price" or how they would have done it differently instead or that it resembles metro to much.

End of rant......................calfee

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Zdnet didn't say a word about Hololens while Cnet and the Verge had a little. My problem is that I think this is the biggest new technology to come out in years and it is not getting the press or the respect it should.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I suppose that when they finally do start to cover it they will complain about the color of the icons "Fisher Price" or how they would have done it differently instead or that it resembles metro to much.
Well here come the complaints

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/microsofts-crazy-holographic-computer-blew-183100111.html
Microsoft's HoloLens is new, improved, and still has big problems | The Verge

This is like when the Surface RT first came out and there were endless complaints about the kickstand. I was thinking no one else has a kickstand so how can you be so critical of it. To be fair though here is a tweet from Paul Thurrott
Capture.PNG
later...............calfee

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Thurrot's tweet is a good thing because all that needs to be done is for people to have realistic expectations. If everyone learns now about this issue, then we'll all have time to adjust our expectations before the thing is released into the world. Of course, hater's gonna hate no matter what, so don't expect The Verge to leave any tiny perceived negative alone. I gave up trying to get any objective opinions from those jackasses a long time ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett