AMAZING game idea for hololens....

ArmaTav

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
BOARDGAMES

I saw the video of the guy playing Minecraft on a table at E3 and that got me thinking; Why not revive the long lost table top board game????? :shocked:

Think about it: What is the biggest drawback of board games nowadays?? Finding partners... That would be easily solved if MS (or some other company) had a game catalog of a few great games and you could log in to find parteners or play with friends.

Think about it, revamped Hololens versions of;
Chess
Risk
Warhammer
Settlers of Catan
LOTR Board Game
etc
etc
etc
even Monopoly :grin:

To the ones familiar with Warhammer, think about units with cool animations, movement, attacks.... I'm hyperventilating just thinking about it :grin:

You could even see other player's faces if they had a WebCam and wished to be seen by other players.

To top it of, it would all take place on your living room table. How frigin cool would that be??

What do you guys think?

Ashles

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I actually think board games would be a surprisingly popular early application of Hololens.

D&D where you can appear as whatever avatar you want? And the board and characters would be way better than graph paper and die cast painted figures.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
If I'm losing, I'd be very tempted to stomp on or kick the other player's pieces - and break something real in the process

ArmaTav

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
long lost table top board game?????

Yes. The loooooooooooong lost table top board game. :smile:

Maybe you are lucky and have a few friends that still group arround a kitchen table for a Friday night of Risk or Setlers of Catan but I'd count in tens of years the last time I could do that on a regular basis. My WARCRAFT THE BOARD GAME sits in it's box in mint condition because I used it, like, 5 times ever since I bought it.... over 10 years ago.

Sadly, grouping arround a table for a marathon of *insert your favorite board game here* died with the birth of cheap Internet and online gaming. Why get out of the house in a cold November night to play with 3 friends if I can stay at home and play with 3.000... hermmm..... "close acquaintances" :winktongue:

Why do you think something as trivial as Hearthstone has millions of players while the vastly (VASTLY!!!!!!) superior Magic the Gathering is dying out?? Herthstone is simple and meant to be played online while MTG, I don't care how hard WotC, tries, isn't.

I for one, miss those cold November nights :unhappy:

Last edited:

ArmaTav

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I actually think board games would be a surprisingly popular early application of Hololens.

D&D where you can appear as whatever avatar you want? And the board and characters would be way better than graph paper and die cast painted figures.

Right????? :smile:

I'm sure Microsoft already spoted this great opportunity and revamped versions of a few great board games will be available since day 1. Chess, checkers (and a few others) don't even need licensing as far as I know so, it would be development costs only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon