Can HoloLens like stuff be immediately disrupting technology?

Mahesh Abnave

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I watched Hobbit desolation of Smaug in iMax 3D. It was just awesome. Today I watched Jungle Book in iMax 3D. Breathtaking.

Was just guessing whether I can get HoloLens, download the 3D movies, blackout my room, and play the movie on HoloLens (like VR/AR displays), zoom in the 3D playback to theater size so that I can have better than 3D Theater (experience with theater 3D glasses are not really comparable to HoloLens) experience at home!!! So I can watch the Smaug in 3D whenever I want at home.

This way these AR/VR displays can quickly replace 3D TV business!!!! Is it so?

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I watched Hobbit desolation of Smaug in iMax 3D. It was just awesome. Today I watched Jungle Book in iMax 3D. Breathtaking.

Was just guessing whether I can get HoloLens, download the 3D movies, blackout my room, and play the movie on HoloLens (like VR/AR displays), zoom in the 3D playback to theater size so that I can have better than 3D Theater (experience with theater 3D glasses are not really comparable to HoloLens) experience at home!!! So I can watch the Smaug in 3D whenever I want at home.

This way these AR/VR displays can quickly replace 3D TV business!!!! Is it so?

That would be something VR is better equipped for. VR is for total immersion whereas AR is more to add things to your existing reality.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That would be something VR is better equipped for. VR is for total immersion whereas AR is more to add things to your existing reality.

Doesn't mean you can't. Though it might be a little disorienting having a virtual 100-foot screen in a small apartment room.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't mean you can't. Though it might be a little disorienting having a virtual 100-foot screen in a small apartment room.

Of course you can, but like I said. VR is better equipped for entertainment whereas AR is better for everything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro